Rained Out Weber Night

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I took a filet and a Prime NY strip out of the freezer around 4:30 yesterday and threw them into the sous vide hot tub. Was planning to finish on the grill a few hours later. When I went out to light the Performer, the skies reminded me of the soon to arrive downpours. Decided the CI skillet was getting the call instead. I'm glad I did - the skies opened up with torrential rain about two minutes later. 50/50 olive oil and butter in the skillet, with some garlic, thyme and rosemary. On serving, gave it a sprinkle of Pinot Noir salt. And I did manage to get a little bit of Weber action in there too.

Happy Friday!!!

1596198995726.png

1596199035684.png

1596199077423.png

Not bad at all, you made the right call, I grilled in the tiny breezeway while it rained last night. You got the Weber steak knives in there so it was still a Weber dinner in my book.

Rich,
I am not just worried about the 107 outside, but the 80 degrees inside the house, I know that the humidity on the east coast makes it different, but do you really keep your inside at 80😮

Rich, that wall right next to the thermometer is a West facing wall so the sun is beating down on it so some heat gets into the house at that point and affects the temperature. I have two other thermometers in the house away from any external walls and they read 76.
We keep the house at 76 which is comfortable for Barb and I and the pups and with it being VERY DRY here the humidity is at 6% 76 works fine.
It's 12:30 and it's 109 already.

My mouth is watering! Nothing puts a nice crust on a steak like a CI skillet! America's Test Kitchen had an episode about it a few years ago. It's been my DW's favorite steak preparation since.

Rich, that wall right next to the thermometer is a West facing wall so the sun is beating down on it so some heat gets into the house at that point and affects the temperature. I have two other thermometers in the house away from any external walls and they read 76.
We keep the house at 76 which is comfortable for Barb and I and the pups and with it being VERY DRY here the humidity is at 6% 76 works fine.
It's 12:30 and it's 109 already.
OK I am good with that, but 107 man that is hot!

Back