"Rain Out" Dinner

Mark Skeet

TVWBB Pro
My daughter was supposed to have a Jr. High soccer game after school and then club soccer practice tonight. Which means no family dinner was planned. But everything got rained out. We were too busy this weekend for me to cook something up for the family so I took the opportunity to throw something together tonight. So I checked the freezer and pantry to see what we had on hand. I had some shrimp which I could defrost and whip up a quick marinade.

We always have little potatoes and onions.

And we picked up some chicken/portabella sausage and mini peppers at Costco last week.

We're in business. I fired up a chimney of KB on the Red.

The potatoes were seasoned with Penzey's Bavarian (absolutely awesome on potatoes). They got fire wired up and hit the grill with the onions. Also added some Jack Daniels oak chips for a little smoke.

Sausage and peepers came next with a little more smoke.

Need to go wash the tongs.

Finally added the shrimp. Also added a little balsamic to the onions.

Not the best plate shot but it was a tasty dinner.

Everything but the sausage was great. Dried out a bit - user error. Oh well. Made up for not being able to cook this weekend.

Thanks for looking and have a great week!

Great pictures Mark! How'd ya like those chicken brats? I love the apple/chicken ones!

My dogs do the very same thing! Funny!

Lookin Good Mark! Missed a perfect chance for dill on those shrimp
icon_razz.gif
. ha ha ha. Looks great buddy!

Morgan - these chicken/portabella brats probably would have been good if I didn't over cook 'em. I have had the apple ones and like 'em.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff Kolodziejski:
Nice job Mark! You better take it easy on old red! I think you might be over using her! Give her a week long break! LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jeff - No breaks, she cooks too good!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Monty House:
How does a soccer game get rained out?
icon_confused.gif
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Monty - That's exactly what I said! Lots of rain. I guess the fields were under water.

Back