Rack of pork

Andy

I don't see a rack of pork in any of your photos, just the beautiful water side view...
Just kidding rack of pork is doing its thing...Ill be checking back later.

Timothy that is pretty funny.
This was one of the easiest cooks I’ve had in a while.
My cook was at 300 until the meat hit 90 then I opened it up until it hit 140 and then gave it a 20 minute rest.

It was also a square deal price wise.
The meat cost just over $16. and we have plenty of leftovers.

My son and I got stuck eating Jack in the Box yesterday and that cost me over $40. and we didn’t even go all out on it. Just 2 meals but when they start charging almost $4 for a small soda it gets spendy quick.
I jokingly told him that I hope he was enjoying this because it’s probably the last time that we are coming here.

I am right there with you! Fast food is neither fast nor food, it’s expensive and not worth it!

And yes, a rack of pork is maybe one of the easiest things to cook for a family/group. Put it on, make sure you don’t burn the sides and slice off a chop! It’s impressive to boot!! I did ”Chicken Marbella” for the family last night and while it was just about as easy as falling off a log, one of those would have been MUCH easier!

I need to practice this rack of pork. Can always use another go to recipe.

As for fast food, the rise in prices has made these places teeter on the edge of insanity. Used to be cheap food vs. a few days off your life. Now just the price alone is cause for alarm. I cannot bear to pay so much nor stomach it...

Ps. Anybody else notice how even mcdonalds service/output is faltering?

Pss with the rise of uber, grub bug, etc, prices have taken another turn for the worse, at every place. In addition to so many electronic info sniffers.

I need to practice this rack of pork. Can always use another go to recipe.

As for fast food, the rise in prices has made these places teeter on the edge of insanity. Used to be cheap food vs. a few days off your life. Now just the price alone is cause for alarm. I cannot bear to pay so much nor stomach it...

Ps. Anybody else notice how even mcdonalds service/output is faltering?

Pss with the rise of uber, grub bug, etc, prices have taken another turn for the worse, at every place. In addition to so many electronic info sniffers.
Tony, as long as you don’t let it go too long and dry out, there is pretty much no way to blow this one, remember, it’s the forgiving meat…Pork!
McDonalds around here tend to be the worst most rude staff in the FF industry! I don’t like the concept of some “third party” food delivery service, if it’s “take away” I’ll go get it and take it away myself! One of my favorite “Chicago Dog” spots has told me some horror stories about delivery people stealing food and the amount of complaints is ridiculous, this guy is a an independent and one of the nicest guys ever! I don’t even use a debit card there if I can help it, he needs all the margin he can get!

Dare I say it, fast food places are nearing…”The Cliffs of Insanity”!

I especially like that classic presentation! The “Garde D’Honuerre” WITH the frills, very classy. I will admit, if I had enough guests to do two racks, I’d do that in a heartbeat!

Rack of pork is the best bang for you buck to serve something fancy at the dinner table and like Andy said it was one of his easiest cooks it is basically foolproof . Just think of it as the prime rib of pork which it is , only much more forgiving and easier that cooking a prime rib of beef.
View attachment 83885
And I second the less “fussy” aspect of the racks of pork in deference to a standing rib roast of beef. And as much as my wife’s son and I love (granddaughter does too) beef, I don’t do those often, I do one for my birthday but, it WAS Christmas dinner in my family when I was little!

Back