Quick Rib and Roadside Cook

Scott M

TVWBB Fan
Fired up the WSM on Friday for a rack of ribs.
Were having a couple friends over for dinner so didn't need to go wild.

Don't ya hate rain:

f457ff6e.jpg

Ribs on around noon:

ffb52f60.jpg

After the ol' 3-2-1 Method. Foiled with some OJ in there (didn't have Apple Juice):

d45c5cb9.jpg

Roadside Chicken progressing nicely:

8db6388b.jpg

I'm not a fan of rain when cooking outside either. But having one of those pop ups makes a big difference. Looks like your food turned out great, despite the weather.

Nice...but I do have a question. How long does the wet tent need to air out before the smoke smell has dissipated (or do you leave that tent up most of the time)? This might be a good solution for my needs, but I would need to take it back down a couple days after use and store it in the basement.

Thanks for all the comments guys.
It really is amazing how simple Bryan's recipe is and it never gets old.
It is some of the best chicken around.

Nice...but I do have a question. How long does the wet tent need to air out before the smoke smell has dissipated (or do you leave that tent up most of the time)? This might be a good solution for my needs, but I would need to take it back down a couple days after use and store it in the basement.

It was only up for about three hours in the beginning of the rib cook. By the time the chicken went on the sun was shining.

This was only the second time I've had this one up so it hasn't really got a smokey smell to it yet.

Back