Q2200 German, stainless grates

Personally, I would definitely recommend the SS flat grate over any cast iron grate for the Q grills every day. When you say OEM, I am assuming you are talking about cast iron grate.

So the flat is more like a griddle compared to the rod or wire which is more like a grill ( or what we are normally used to)
I mean they both grill but surface area is more pronounced on the flat so I would call that a hybrid griddle?

The area is more pronounced and it is more substantial. I think substantial is a key. It will hold more heat when the cover is opened up than the wire version which is key to holding more even temps inside the grill. I usually place my meat mainly centered on the inside part with the venting when I use mine. But, yah, they closed areas would be a bit more like a griddle, I guess.

The flat style of SS grates will give you the durability and low maintenance of SS while preserving a lot of the heat retention that the CI grates have. But the wire style SS grates won't have the same heat retention.

I have those for my Char Q and my Q200!
71k3NRWH6LL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

The Q is designed to act more like a "griddle" than a grill. Due to not having heat dispersion from the burner. I would not use ANY type of wire grate on Q

Back