psb question

Scott M.

TVWBB Fan
Have any of you ever used Montreal steak seasoning instead of s&p? About how long should it take to get to 160 degrees right out of the fridge? (I got a pair of chuck roasts that weigh 6.6# together.)

Have any of you ever used Montreal steak seasoning instead of s&p? About how long should it take to get to 160 degrees right out of the fridge? (I got a pair of chuck roasts that weigh 6.6# together.)

I have not tried Montreal steak seasoning with PSB...but I have no doubt it will be good! I use Chicago steak seasoning quite often...temp...well we need to know how your cooking it? WSM, kettle? What temp will you be running? I normally do mine indirect on the performer...about 350 with smoke and most are about 3 to 4 lb chucks...normally 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours I suppose!

Thanks, Morgan. I guess that would be helpful info. I am smoking on wsm, shooting for 250, and will be using hickory. I hope to transfer to oven when I hit about 160.

Thanks, Morgan. I guess that would be helpful info. I am smoking on wsm, shooting for 250, and will be using hickory. I hope to transfer to oven when I hit about 160.

No problem Scott....ur looking at 3 and 1/2 to 4 hours at that speed...good luck with it!! Enjoy!! It's surely good stuff!

I've used various seasonings on PSB including MSS which was quite good in IMHO. Kind of hard to screw up PSB it's very forgiving.

Back