Propane tank Refill or Exchange?

wat?!!

846-05648228em-1960s-BUG-EYED-SURPRISED-WOMAN-BURIED-IN-COINS-MONEY-SYMBOLIC.jpg

Image didn't post Clint but I get the idea. For the last year or so the most I ever spent at Costco was $10 and change to fill a 20# tank. They always sell by the gallon and post the max price too. Can't beat it anywhere around here.

OT: I've been having issues with images showing / not showing with Firefox, all of them (afaik) show with Chrome. Do you use firefox? What add-ons do you have installed? The image shows for me, even in your quote of my post.... (just a silly random pic I found online)

Image didn't post Clint but I get the idea. For the last year or so the most I ever spent at Costco was $10 and change to fill a 20# tank. They always sell by the gallon and post the max price too. Can't beat it anywhere around here.

Don't forget that you have to pay to shop at Costco, so yes, things should be cheaper.

True, but what I save on gas and propane (at least $10 a tank on propane) alone for a year more than pays for the cost of shopping there. Plus they have about the best meat around here.

I second that Rich, they have the best meat around here also. I loaded up on choice New York steak for $7.99lb last week. The consistency in their meat is second to none.

Was at Costco this morning, and they do not have a propane refill station here. :(
And I agree about how good their meats are.

Was at Costco this morning, and they do not have a propane refill station here. :(
And I agree about how good their meats are.

I haven't checked around here,,,,but one of them's bound to have one. I won't have to refill for at least a few months, I don't think. Although I'm down to ~50# of charcoal sooooooo

we are finally getting a Costco near me, If I wanted good to one before i would have drive across town to get to one not worth it, I do have three propane bottles they are all full or near there. I fill them when it is on sale around the summer holidays for like 10-11 bucks a tank. I do not use my jenny as much as I use to mostly in the winter time heats up fast and fight the wind very well.

My first tank of three just ran out... Filled up 11/14/2014, ran out today (2/5/2015). This is the tank that's been on the Genesis.. I've had another tank connected to the "new" Q200 I just got, I guess several cooks have been done on it but not more than 7 or 8...

My local Tractor supply store does refills. I usually bring in both my tanks......I don't remember what the price per gallon is.....but I've never paid more than ~$20 total for both tanks.
Good info about the bleed screw. I'll have remember that.

3 tanks lasted me 7 months (11/14/14 to 6/16/15).....

Took them in for another refill: $28.92

xv_yzPv7axeu39jaY0BMxuFiHDuPWpGa1ZDeJOnD5jk=w560-h995-no

Wow, you guys are getting incredible deals on propane. Exchanges around me are over 20 bucks at a Blue Rhino exchange (probably 24 or so) and there is a local place that will refill for 18 a tank just to be able to advertise "cheaper than Home Depot", but still, wow! You guys have optimal propane situations. Good for you, and continued good luck!

Wow, you guys are getting incredible deals on propane. Exchanges around me are over 20 bucks at a Blue Rhino exchange (probably 24 or so) and there is a local place that will refill for 18 a tank just to be able to advertise "cheaper than Home Depot", but still, wow! You guys have optimal propane situations. Good for you, and continued good luck!

Do you have Costco up there ? Also, just did a search and found this place:

http://www.thepropaneguy.com/

$12 for 20lb tank.

Wow Dave, thank you! I never even thought about looking around; I figured the guy that does it for 18 was the best. I weighed my tanks also recently, because I had a suspicion that the BR exchange tanks were light, and sure enough they are 1 pound lighter than the ones I get refilled by my 18 dollar guy. Now, 12 per tank, I'd have to wait until I have two empties to take advantage (to make the ride worthwhile) but that's an incredible deal!

Thank you so much!

Wow Dave, thank you! I never even thought about looking around; I figured the guy that does it for 18 was the best. I weighed my tanks also recently, because I had a suspicion that the BR exchange tanks were light, and sure enough they are 1 pound lighter than the ones I get refilled by my 18 dollar guy. Now, 12 per tank, I'd have to wait until I have two empties to take advantage (to make the ride worthwhile) but that's an incredible deal!

Thank you so much!

You're welcome. Definitely look/call around. Down here, it costs about $8 to get a completely empty tank refilled at Costco.

Back