Prime Steak Bites and pork & beans??

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Regular old pork & beans, from a can, were a must on fishing, hunting, and camping trips when I was a kid.
Meals afield usually consisted of a baloney sandwich (on white gummy bread with mustard) pork & beans, and RC cola, in a glass returnable bottle.
Lucky was the one getting the little piece of pork fat!
Had not had them in years, until recently, and I've been on a p&b kick ever since.

Corned beef and cabbage is a no go for my Jo,
so I grilled Prime sirloin chunks last night, seasoned with Oakridge Santa Maria rub.

DSCF0876.JPG

DSCF0879.JPG

DSCF0884.JPG

DSCF0885.JPG

DSCF0890.JPG

DSCF0891.JPG

The whiskey, steak, boiled potatoes, and pork & beans were all excellent.
Only wish I could have had a cold RC to go with the meal.
Thanks for stopping by!

I like how you cook those hunks of beef over the open coals. Not sure i would want to be in a tent full of people after pork and beans for dinner!

Mr Correll, good choice of wiskey ya got goin on there, i live about 40 miles away from the distillery.

Why have i never thot of doin kebab skewers over the middle section of the gourmet grate...great idea Bob and brilliant cook!

I can't tell from you description if you liked or loathed that baloney sandwich, but, that "gummy bread was how I always loved 'em.

Good lookin' plat of food there.

-rog

Beautiful plate Bob! They still sell RC up here, but it does not taste anything like it did when I was a kid.

Awesome Bob! I can also remember the baloney sammies and pork and beans. I still like the both and that is my go
to "bachelor food" when the wife is out of town. :D

Nice looking meal there Bob. I still eat pork & beans every week. Haven't had a baloney sandwich for years.

Nice Bob, plate looks excellent. I grew up as a youngster in the fifties and sixties and your posts hit home with me often. Well done bud

Like it a lot Bob. Know what you mean about the beans on fishing trips. Simple and good.

Delicious looking meal. Meat and potatoes. Yum. I used pork and beans for my baked bean dish yesterday. They were always a staple for us growing up too.

Back