Prime Rib on sale

Jay D in Jersey

TVWBB Wizard
Several of the supermarkets now have prime rib on special for the upcoming Easter holiday I imagine.$5-$8/lb. depending on grade.
Did one on the Genesis II for Christmas dinner...but I didn't have the Oakford pellet grill then. I'll pick up a smaller one later this week and on the Oakford it will go.

Several of the supermarkets now have prime rib on special for the upcoming Easter holiday I imagine.$5-$8/lb. depending on grade.
Did one on the Genesis II for Christmas dinner...but I didn't have the Oakford pellet grill then. I'll pick up a smaller one later this week and on the Oakford it will go.
You will like it a lot! Doing a large one for Easter myself

Just came back from Sam's, sales must start tomorrow, they wanted an arm and a leg for a prime brisket flat. I did pick up a two pack of baby back ribs for $2.49 lb though.
Your going to love prime rib off the pellet grill. Made one xmas that was out of this world.IMG_3134.JPG

Just came back from Sam's, sales must start tomorrow, they wanted an arm and a leg for a prime brisket flat. I did pick up a two pack of baby back ribs for $2.49 lb though.

Your going to love prime rib off the pellet grill. Made one xmas that was out of this world.View attachment 88206
The one I did on the Weber Genesis II was very good. I'm expecting one on the pellet grill to be several clicks better.

Was just at Sam's Prime brisket was not that bad price wise. IIRC $3.99 or $4.29. Either not not bad for prime IMO. Hoping to find a boneless rib roast at Sam's this week. I really want to avoid Costco on this as they insist on ruining the meat with those blade tenderizers. Sacrilege IMO. Sam's at least does not do this. At Costco only way to avoid it is to buy the whole primal. I don't want the while thing

Just hope my SOL doesn't see this. Right after Christmas, he saw that Safeway had rib roasts for half price ($12.95/lb. sale price). He gave me one, which I froze. Really crap looking roast. Will thaw it and grind one of these days. He wants to bring one he kept and have me show him how to cook it:( Think I'll pass on that!

Back