Prime rib eye cap steak from Costco.

Doing a prime tri-tip from my fav meat shop. Picked it up when I was at my dad's Thursday. Just wondering............................Has anyone ever just taken one and cut it up into steaks and then frozen the cuts not used?

Doing a prime tri-tip from my fav meat shop. Picked it up when I was at my dad's Thursday. Just wondering............................Has anyone ever just taken one and cut it up into steaks and then frozen the cuts not used?
I’ve cut them in 3rds but I think you are in to something! I ended up buying this cap steak because no one else in my house eats beef so I need something I can freeze.

Made my way through the 3 pack, I won’t purchase these again, too much silver skin in the middle of the steaks.
I’m going to grab a 2 pack of prime tri-tip on my next trip, that will be my beef for a few weeks.

Made my way through the 3 pack, I won’t purchase these again, too much silver skin in the middle of the steaks.
I’m going to grab a 2 pack of prime tri-tip on my next trip, that will be my beef for a few weeks.
Kind of my finding as well. My Costco has tri tip but not prime.

That's too bad. Seems like Costco meat trimmers are not very consistent from area to area. We have had good luck with ours. Others not so much.

There have been some fairly consistent guys in the back around here, the cuts available seem less consistent though.
I have a trick since two of the family only like to see the poor cow killed a second time I will “re tie” the cap and halve it’s there are two (ridiculously thin) prime cap steaks available for the “well done” crowd in the same time it takes to do one side of mine!

They discontinued the rib eye caps at the Costco I go to last December,:( but people kept asking for them so Costco brought them back and raised the price.$$$$$. The first two 3 packs were delicious, the last one I bought was not very good at all.
They do have prime tri-tip maybe its time to give one of those a try again..

Back