Prime Rib Double Header

Jeff R

TVWBB Pro
Well, not really prime, but fine looking Choice rib roast from Costco.

I haven't posted pics in quite a while so I thought I would share my weekend from MN with our sub zero temps and 30 mph winds a howling.

Started prepping on Friday night with Chris's Montreal recipe. Worchester sauce and Montreal Steak seasoning, then wrapped until Saturday. Saturday night, fired up the WSM for high heat. Had about 325* at the grate and around 360* at the vent. Then put this 8 lb hunk on with a couple of golf ball size chunks of hickory. Wanted to use cherry but was out.

IMG_0596.JPG

Pulled it at 131*, let it rest, and began to carve it at 138*

IMG_0597.JPG

Plated it up with some asparagus and my bacon ranch chedder potatoes.

IMG_0599.JPG

Now on to the double header as this was a calculated foodie weekend. I got a meat slicer for Christmas and tonight we had the Ultimate French Dip sandwich

IMG_0601.JPG

Served with Johnny's Au Jus

IMG_0607.JPG

Cleaned up the slicer and put it away til next weekend. The Buckboard Bacon is currently brining.

2 outstanding winners Jeff! I also got a slicer for Christmas, but it is still in the box waiting for my next round of bacon!

WOW! That's a fantastic looking pair Jeff. Congrats on the slicer. Santa hasn't brought me one... yet. ;)

Great looking beef and that slicer is awesome. What a great tool. I am green with envy , bro.:wsm:

Good looking cook Jeff. Musta been brutal smoking that on Saturday night with all the wind here.

Yeah, I failed to pay attention to the weather forecast during the week since I ain't scared of the cold. Missed the wind was coming :) Fortunately the L shape of the house had me pretty well blocked and I did get it done around 20 min per pound. Of course I miscalculated my start time so dinner was at 8:00. You know what they say....It's done when it's done.

Back