Post your live HeaterMeter Cooks

Nm...i assumed that picture was live. Is there a way to program the pit temp go down to 200 or something once the meat hits targetmm

Go to the Alarm page. There is a Ramp Down setting where you can program when the food probe gets to a certain temp, the pit will slowly lower (ramp down) it's temp to meet the food temp. Works really well.

Or you can use the alarms to lower to a certain temp immediately once a designated probe hits temp. Remember that the set temp to trigger is "threshold" and the "setpoint" is where you want the pit temp to be when the threshold is reached.

Great, thanks! Any suggestions? I was going to set the trigger at 203 and target at 200. What do you think?

You want the trigger to be lower. It's the temp at which you want the pit temp to start falling. I'd set it at about 190 or so, and set the target at 203.

Thanks for the help last night. Looks like your cook went very well. Mine was going well till some rain decided to take out my HM. Hopefully it will survive otherwise, I'll be ordering parts soon.

Not Quite Live Post

I got my heatermeter last week and couldn't wait to try it for my first cook. I had a couple of pieces of meat in my freezer that had been in there for a while so I thawed them to try out. A (lean) pork loin roast and a beef sirloin tip roast. For this cook I used charcoal with Hickory chunks for smoke.

24295411458_b9c97ddae5_k.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I mounted a 45CFM axial fan in a project box and mounted my heatermeter onto the box lid. I don't have a damper yet, but my intention is to hinge the lid at the top and mount a servo inside to tilt out the bottom of the box lid for open or to pull the box lid shut to close the damper. Temporarily it is just propped open with a skewer.

[/IMG]

The heat regulation and fan regulation was completely acceptable in my opinion. Here's a screenshot of my HM screen. It starts at the end of my warmup period when the lid was open a bit to put the meat in and push in the probes, etc. I didn't have a huge fire built so recovery was slow and I expected that.

[/IMG]

The second time that the HM went into Lid Open Mode was when I needed to add more charcoal and had the side cooker open for a good while to add it and some more hickory chunks. It was open long enough to trigger the Lid Mode, and I have increased the temp threshold and decreased the Lid Open Mode time for future cooks.

The meat came out great. For me it was a great first test!

Doing a test burn on my Gravity Feed smoker. Adapt-a-Damper 15 CFM. Royal Oak lump charcoal. Stock PID settings. Fan max at 75%.