Post your live HeaterMeter Cooks

At the bar watching seahawks football. Pork butt still a smoking. I just hope the wings I ate dont jeopardize my appetite.
This right here sums up why there is a HeaterMeter at all. If there was a late Bucs game we'd all pile down to the World of Beer a few blocks away and leave the grill going. Do we have time for another beer? Is the pork a giant charcoal brick? Nothing worse than leaving early only to find you still had an hour to go.

Brisket is on. Doing hot and fast brisket. Figured that it would be nice to have for the next couple of days so we don't have to worry about what to cook.

Brisket weighed about 15 lbs. untrimmed, and trimmed it was maybe down to 12 lbs. That thing is tight on a 18.5" wsm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't speak for the others but I use dyndns.org -they let you register several names within their pool of domains for free, you just need to sign in the web once a month or so to keep them active.
How do you guys have domain names instead of IP addresses to access your HMs?

Looks Like mY big steel keg and heatermeter control is better than your oven for tight temp control, gas or electric oven?

Its one of the electric double ovens. It might be because it was on a cookie sheet that took up almost the entire rack, causing stratification in the oven. I wonder when they will start using pid in ovens, instead of a simple thermostat.

I used to use dyndns.org but they require you to log in once a month for a free account. I now use dnsexit, cause they don't have any requirements on dynamic dhcp linking. Then I bought a domain name from godaddy for 1.99 and changed it's dns servers to the dnsexit dns servers for free...don't remember all the steps, but they tell you how on their site.

Just like the others, posted in this thread, I use No-IP. They will send you an email each month, if you want to keep it free. I cant remember how much I paid, its not much to have a domain name for a years time

Back