Post your city, please

Joan knows where I live. I would show some pictures, but we have pool problems... ( chuckle ) ;)

Ha ha, your not the only one. I keep telling DH to drain ours and fill it in with dirt and plant a herb garden. We sure would get more use of that then the pool. :giggle:

I believe that where you choose to dictates your level of satisfaction in life which equates to happiness. It is the single most important personal decision one makes. Next is where and what you do for a living. Where you choose to live should be the priority. But some folks don't, for many reasons see it that way or have no choice.
Many folks have worked for and earned the right to choose.
We are looking at a third home in AZ or FL.

I believe that where you choose to dictates your level of satisfaction in life which equates to happiness. It is the single most important personal decision one makes. Next is where and what you do for a living. Where you choose to live should be the priority. But some folks don't, for many reasons see it that way or have no choice.
Many folks have worked for and earned the right to choose.
We are looking at a third home in AZ or FL.
Yeah I discovered how much fun airline work was toward the end of my working time. Still cannot believe I got paid to have as much fun as I did (both on the ground and as a flight attendant), and our little village is just the nicest place EXCCEPT for a few irresponsible hound owners and the fact we're so close to Rockford IL which is a pretty violent city and one of the 10 most dangerous in the US according to FBI stats

A good chunk of summer weekends in my 20s we’re spent at group rentals in Avalon.

Many fun nights in Little P’s.
The Princeton, Circle Tavern, Sea Grill and the entire block are up for sale.
They'll entertain offers starting at $65 million.
Grab some of your former group rental buddies to invest and you'll be living the dream...again!

Grab some of your former group rental buddies to invest and you'll be living the dream...again!
That’s right where my son’s MIL house is, she’s on the 2100 block of Ocean Dr. She was telling us all about it, not happy…

That’s right where my son’s MIL house is, she’s on the 2100 block of Ocean Dr. She was telling us all about it, not happy…
She's 2 blocks away from us than. Rumor was going around that the Utz potato chip folks were thinking about it. They own a massive home here on the beach.

Wow, it must have gotten fancy in Avalon over the past 30 years.

We usually had our rentals right near there. IIRC, there was a deli (called Donnelley's maybe?), a pizza place and Little Ps (beer, loud music, girls) located on the circle. So all the basic needs of a 20-something single male located within a short walk home.

Well, everyone knows where Chapel Hill is (don't you?). We live in that vast 15 mile space between CH and that rapidly growing town of Pittsboro (courthouse in the circle in the middle of the main crossroad). P'bro is in the process of expanding from 5000 population to 55000 due to the massive development of Chatham Park some 6-8 miles south of Fearrington. Resources are also growing by leaps and bounds much to the dismay of some and the delight of others.

Back