Post a pic of your Pet (Dog) *****

Eric,he's a cutie! While I like all kinds of dogs,we have a dachshund.
About 10 years ago,I was at a customer of mine,and one of the "puppies",a 130 pound rottie,came up and leaned against my leg. What's a guy to do? I started scratching her side. she was digging it! Her twin brother saw me,and came bounding over! He got the right hand and I had two huge "puppies" very happy!
As a matter of fact,I keep treats in my delivery truck! There is a schnauzer and a coouple of dachshunds on my route who get very upset if I don't have their treats!

That's awesome Phil, I think its a Rottie thing with the butt scratch, Both Axl & Slash would approach you and spin looking for it. Smart move with the treats, besides pleasing their Master food is their only pleasure, that's why I don't mind giving my guys scraps once in a while.

Here are a couple of my aussie "Trace"
TRACEFALL.jpg

tracebw.jpg

Need to upload pix of my kiddos dog. Had a springer spaniel that was a great dog, but earned her visit to the rainbow bridge. When the kiddo was 7 she picked a dog from the pet store. Bounced between a mini pin and a doxie. Picked out the doxie, who is confused. Mom was a mini longhaired black and tan, dad was a standard short haired black and tan. So we now have a midi, meduim haired black and tan doxy. Who loves my smoker, and burrowing under the covers in the winter...and snake killer. Guess we will keep him, lol!

8270229987_cd10949643.jpg
[/url] photo by DNCAV, on Flickr[/IMG] First time posting a pic so I hope it works.
This is Biscuit. We had to put her down just last week from bone cancer. This was taken a week before.
The best dog I ever had. June 2000 to 3 December 2012

Last edited:
Thanks Bob
She was a great dog and friend. As you know there is nothing like a Lab.
We have a 6 year old Lab also who is somewhat lost without her. Its good to see how many people posted pics. You can tell a lot about a person by how the treat their pets.

Dan, I had to put down my bud Gage last week also. He was 11 and had one of the most unique personalities of any Lab that I owned (or they owned me):)
He had cancer also, and was fine one day and the next day boom, I took him to the vet and she said we can try surgery followed by chemo and I said no thank you.. It's his time, and I don't want to put the big guy through that.. The toughest decision I ever made.

IMAG0343.jpg

IMAG0414.jpg

Tim

Thanks Tim. Sorry about Gage he's a good looking boy. Its a lot harder than you think when you have to make that decision.
Biscuit went for 13 months after she was diagnosed. We told them we wouldn't go the route of chemo or amputation either. She didn't deserve that. Like Gage she was fine up to the last day and it was time.

Tim and Dan you both were blessed with great dogs. Sorry about your losses. Maybe another 4 legs friend will find there way into your heart!

Yeah,it's a tough decision. Our second dog,Star Baby,was diagnosed with inoperable bladder cancer. She was fine,then she wasn't one day when Pammi came home. I took her that evening,and she's on the other side of our apple tree from our blue heeler. We now call it our dog wood.

Thank you Kim.
I would like to say to all who posted in this thread is that we are truly blessed to have a friend that comforts us and makes our lives truly whole.
They don't read the news or care about this crazy world that we live in.
They are just happy to see us, and make everything right when we come home!

Tim

Here are a couple of my aussie "Trace"
TRACEFALL.jpg

Beautiful Blue Merle Dave and love the marbled eyes.. I have 4 of them myself and they are the greatest dogs. I have one of every flavor and of all ages....Red Tri, Black Tri, Blue Merle and Red Merle ages from 1 to almost 17. They keep you active and amused at the same time. The older ones took the newest in right away and taught him the ropes. It was the easiest and fastest puppy training we ever had. Also have 2 horses in the mix...

AussiesSmall.jpg

The newest one we got from New Mexico when he was 8 weeks and he is 1 now. Its a older pic of him.
100_1455Small.jpg

Last edited:
I looked at all these pet pics and all I can say is, "Awwwwww" :) Yea, I'm a big softie when it comes to pets.
Here is Axel. Golden Retriever, a Y2K puppy, 12 years going on 13. Best companion I could ever ask for- been through a lot with me. He could never hunt, he's afraid of his own shadow. He can't swim, I thought I was going to have to jump in after him when I tossed him in a pool once. Lazy as a bum. Really attached to my girlfriend. LOVES to go for a ride anywhere. He's starting to slow down with age just a little now, I have to lift his back end up on the bed at night, he can't quite make the jump anymore. I've already warned everyone I'll probably need a week off when he goes away...

taken with Nikon D300 + 80-200mm f2.8.
DSC_5252_093.jpg

Had to put our 11 year old Lab. down in July, hardest thing I ever had to do. Never had a dog so good! We will miss her! We where going to wait a few years before we got another dog but the wife and I had a bad rest of the year and were really missing a dog so, in October went to look at a polar white female and to make a long story short the owner never sold 2 siblings to any one person so he made us a "Smoking" deal and we took home 2 polar white labs! Here they are at 15 weeks, I think.
DSC_4051.jpg

Tim I was stunned by your story...my wife and I went thru something similar this year!! We had to put down our 10 year old black lab at the end of June and it was difficult beyond what we thought! We had picked up a rescue yellow lab only the year before so she would pic up some traits and we had her Almost a year when we had to put our black down...my wife had a tough rest of the year and we were really missing having two dogs so we purchased Gerti the new pup and now have had her for a month...I can't imagine having two..but I'm sure they keep each other busy!

Crazy how similar our stories are!!!

Take care and enjoy the pups!

Beautiful Blue Merle Dave and love the marbled eyes.. I have 4 of them myself and they are the greatest dogs. I have one of every flavor and of all ages....Red Tri, Black Tri, Blue Merle and Red Merle ages from 1 to almost 17. They keep you active and amused at the same time. The older ones took the newest in right away and taught him the ropes. It was the easiest and fastest puppy training we ever had. Also have 2 horses in the mix...

AussiesSmall.jpg

The newest one we got from New Mexico when he was 8 weeks and he is 1 now. Its a older pic of him.
100_1455Small.jpg

Mike I am a dog lover too with horses! I have 4 that I raised from the day they were born....maybe we should start a link for them as well!

Back