Pork Steaks For Morgan

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
the guy's been pesterin' me for about a week, at least... you'd think he'd cook his own. :p
Nope. I was told Alaskans are persistent yet somewhat laid back when it comes to egging some other on to do their "dirty work".
You may know the type... constantly nags you to do something and while you're satifying them, they simply resort to pullin' up a lounge chair to enjoy watching.
NOT that Morgan IS like that... absolutely not!
Anyway, Morgan, buddy, I poured you a cocktail.

DSCN1343.JPG
DOWN here, we call it a tanqueray and tonic. Enjoy!

Now, here are the 10 inch long pork steaks, cut at least one inch thick.

DSCN1344.JPG

Seasoned with Penzey's BBQ3000 and Blues Hog Rub. Set the 26" OTG to 300ºF.

DSCN1348.JPG

a drip pan beneath and two Yukons nearby... we'll check on these in 45 minutes.

DSCN1350.JPG

After one-half hour, the steaks were turned for another 30 minutes... All indirect.
okeydokey, time has come to consider saucing the steaks... .
and with that, we'll use Maull's jalapeno barbecue sauce... GREAT STUFF! Not too hot, Not too mild, PERFECT!

DSCN1351.JPG

DSCN1352.JPG

A few more minutes over the dying coals then everything was plated.

DSCN1355.JPG

Garden fresh Patty Pan squash and sweet peppers were sautéed and added to the Yukons with the pork.

DSCN1357.JPG

Oh yeah, perfect pork steaks! I'm sure Morgan would kill MOOSE and trade for these... ;)
perhaps not.
Anyway, there you have it. And I hope you enjoyed this bit of BS as i have. (I mean PS, as in Pork Steak)
Well, Thanks for visiting, hope your evening is pleasant and worthwhile!

Nice work!!! Sorry for the pestering but nobody does a pork steak like you Jim and this was no exception. Sweet cook! I might make it to the weekend now.

Take care.

Nice...Looking for ideas for the weekend and I think this might be one of them. Family coming over for the weeken. I have to come up with something fun on the grill...hoping to find something at the West Bend farmers market saturday!

Now that you mention it, I could use a pair of those as well. They don't sell that cut of meat in PA. Really! And can I get a twist of lemon in my gin and tonic? Perfect. Thanks!

I falling behind Jim. I've got 3 very large pork steaks in the freezer that have been calling my name lately. Guess it is time to get them off my back! :D May do them on Sunday, since Saturday is rib day for the son from Virginia who will be here tomorrow night. Anyway, Fantabulous cook as always. Dinner looks so delicious! Diet Schweppes? :confused::p

Pork steaks look great, Jim! That Tanq & Tonic looks good. Might have to have a few of those this weekend!:)

Thanks Everyone! :)

A twist of lemon, Jon, you got it! ;)
Mike, Diet Schweppes has no calories... regalur Schweppes has like 175.
and besides, if i drink pop, it's only diet. the taste is better in my opinion...

Back