Pork shoulder on the smokeFire🔥

Bruno

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Going to put this 14 pounder in the SmokeFire 🔥 after work tomorrow. It was on sale at Safeway for $14, boneless, not my usual go too, but in the corona situation it seemed too good to pass up.
I covered it in mustard and the rub is a combination of 3 rubs from Oakridge, dominator sweet rib rub, Secret weapon pork and chicken rub and game bird which is an amazing rub and my favorite from Oakridge! I added brown and white sugar and mixed it all up.🤷🏻‍♂️

Sounded good at the time.
922432E7-D676-40BB-BD31-DFFCA0FD1966.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll be waiting here for updates! $1/lb is a pretty great deal, even if it had a bone in it!

R

Let us know how the pellets worked out. We are finishing up our last pork shoulder and I have another in the freezer I want to do on the camp chef. All my pellets are blends looking to get some one type of wood only.

That thing looks amazing from the first picture when is just waiting to be put on, to the the color after it as been taken off, to the color of the smoke ring, the bark, and the tender meat together. I just got my first Ockridge product (Secret weapon pork and chicken rub) and can't wait to use it. I hope my offer turning out half as good as yours.
Michael

Wow, the whole cook looks great, and wow does it look perfect after you pulled it. Getting me inspired to do some PP this week now

Bruno, was it even better today after the flavors had a chance to meld overnight?
It was amazing, my wife did not pack it up for the fridge how I would have and she added a lot of fat, but we had the BEST tacos for lunch today.

Back