Pork Rib Roast

HVanorden

TVWBB Fan
I wanted to do something good for the (very disappointing) Bronco game yesterday. This 5.58lb pork rib roast caught my eye at Costco. So I ran with it.
20150110_210233.jpg

I decided to do an overnight apple juice brine, and then I rubbed it down with a Rib Rub from Oldtownspiceshop.com that I got for Christmas. I did this about 6 hours before cooking.
20150111_131247.jpg

I prepped the copper kettle for indirect cooking and used Apple wood accompanied by a small amount of Mesquite for smoke.

I quick sear before setting aside for indirect cooking.
20150111_135847.jpg

Almost done.
20150111_145613.jpg

Pulled it at about 140 IT. covered it and let it rest while I ran it over to a friends house to eat and watch the game. Unfortunately the game was not as good as this meal was. It turned out super juicy and the flavor was amazing. I'll be doing this again in the future. Go Bron.....I mean....anyone playing the Patriots!
IMG_20150111_165110.jpg

Looks like it came out absolutely perfect. Those slices look divine!

Too bad about the Broncos. I'm a Giant fan and root for the Patriots almost as strongly. But I was pulling for Peyton yesterday. Wouldn't have minded seeing him get another SB.

You did a great job on that pork roast. It looks fantastic. Yes I was pulling for Peyton too and would have liked to have seen them move on. Guess "sources" are reporting this morning that he was playing with a torn right quad. Anyway, having said that, I have to root for the Pat's next week.

That meat looks perfectly cooked. Nice crust on outside, and juices still running out. Sure it was delicious.

Back