Pork Loin and Puerto Rican Rice.

timothy

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
The Loin was dusted with Weber's Honey Garlic Rub and on the WSM over RO lump with 1 chunk each of Ash, Beech and Sugar Maple.
Set the Dot for 140 and glazed it with Sticky Fingers Sweet Southern Heat for the last 1/2 hr.

The rice was made with some leftover BBQ ham, use the bone to make a stock. Sweated a large diced onion in homemade Achiote oil on the DO.
Added 3 cups of rice and stir, 1 can of Rotell and 1 can of diced green chilis. 2 cans of pigeon peas, 3 cups of leftover diced ham, mexican oregano and adobo, olives and some chicken bouillion.
Add enough stock to cover then into a 350 oven for about an hour, add more stock as needed.

Happy New Year everyone!

Tim

Well Tim, to say you did it up right would be an understatement! That is absolutely fabulous! That glazed Pork Loin is mouth watering and your slices look so moist and delicious. Your Puerto Rican Rice is tantilizing. I'd love to try and duplicate it. Have to plead my ignorance about Pigeon Peas. Never heard of them. I used to raise and race pigeons too! ;) Outstanding cook Tim.

Thank's
My Brother turned me on to the rice awhile ago and showed me how. BBQ the ham and using the bone to make a stock is key and the achiote oil ( or use Sazo'n Goya) I use both.
This is the brand of peas I like,
340373-600x600-A.jpg

Tim

Back