Pork leg

Dave O

TVWBB Super Fan
Here a cook from a coupla weeks back - 20lb pork leg cooked at 350-375.Seasoned with evoo himiiayan salt and pepper,
000_0049.jpg
[/IMG]
000_0050.jpg
[/IMG]
000_0051.jpg
[/IMG]
000_0052.jpg
[/IMG]
000_0053.jpg
[/IMG]
000_0054.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks, Jim. I cooked it for about 11 hrs, sorry no plated shots I was busy eatin the the cracklin's a she cooked away

That skin looks great.

And done on a kettle. I got started smoking on my WSM, but I cook much more since I bought a kettle. It's so convenient, and it can do almost everything the WSM can do.

Dave-

Exceptional. Can you provide some prep details on your grill work? If you maintained temps at 375 for 11 hours I assume you had to refuel a few times. It also looks you did it indirect between 2 charcoal pits. Did you use an internal probe and if so what temp did you pull it off at? Last question, is this a 26 inch kettle? Sorry to ask so many questions but I want to give this a shot as well on my performer.

Thanks for the kind words, Bob I mainly sliced it but some parts actually pulled.
M. Chesney yes this was done on a kettle 22 1/2, baskets on either side and I did have to add coals quite a few times. I did not have a probe in the whole time I just checked with thermopen near the end, I allowed for 1/2 hr per pound, pulled at about 165F as close to middle as the probe could get.

Back