Pork Butt on the Genesis

G Schafer

TVWBB Pro
Cooking up an 8 pounder.
For smoke, I inverted a couple of flavorizor bars and added apple wood. Next time I'll put some foil over it.IMG_20200418_082907144.jpg

Next comes the biggest disposable aluminum pans that fits full of the hottest water from the tap.
IMG_20200418_083743545.jpg
Butt was covered with Meatheads Memphis Dust from AmazingRibs recipe.
IMG_20200418_084406525.jpg
You can see why I will use foil over the wood chips. It was smoking well before I opened the lid. But I still got a nice mild smoke after closing.

I'm seven hours in and the internal temp is at 167. I may run out of beer...

It's pretty windy out. Front and middle burners on low. Temp on the grill surface varies from 230-250.

That's only relevant if we know how many you started with.;)

Pork's lookin' good...and while I deeply regret phrasing it this way, did you get a clean pull on the bone?
Good point. But what's in the rearview mirror is also irrelevant. Just hoping I got enough to reach the finish line! Bone is still in. I'm going to wait till 203-5 to take it off the grill. I'm sure the bone will pull clean.

Gerry

Good point. But what's in the rearview mirror is also irrelevant. Just hoping I got enough to reach the finish line! Bone is still in. I'm going to wait till 203-5 to take it off the grill. I'm sure the bone will pull clean.

Gerry

I feel like this could be a legit time for emergency measures....if you run out, we need to do a community Doordash donation or something to keep you hydrated through the cook....

Well, we are coming up on 13 hours.
199 degrees. 1 beer left. I'm cutting it close.
Wait! 201 on the thermometer just now!
I think I'll make it!

Gerry

I'm glad everything worked out, but as close as you are to the Cheddar Curtain I think we can get some better beverages into your fridge. ;)

I had a few Yuenglings myself last night. We finally goit it in LA a few years ago. Before that, I had to make Smoky and Bandit runs from Alabama with 10 or more cases in the trunk.

That St. Pauli Girl brings back memories. Many years back, it was one of the few imports we could get. Now I seldom see it in stores. But I'm gonna grab some next time I do.

Enjoy the butt.

IMG_20200418_220815734.jpg

Here's the pic just before it went into the fridge last night. We can't get Yuengling here. Those in the fridge were brought to us by a friend. They are my wife's and I have strict instructions. Hands Off!

Looks great Gerry, nice bark. I 've never done a PB on any of my Genesis grills, but my NG E320 would be a good one to try as the bottle never runs out.

Give yourself an attaboy, Gerry - the pork turned out great!

I notice there are 13 Yuenglings on the shelf. Take 1 for yourself and if questioned, point out that you see an untouched 12-pack.;)

I visit friends in Ohio every year and am occasionally asked to return with a load of Yuengling.

Back