Poop on a Stick

GrantT

TVWBB Pro
My 5 year old granddaughter's favorite food (and her name for it!)....she loves to say it out loud and laugh and get everyone laughing with her.

Anyways, kabobs to the rest of us! 50/50 lamb/beef mixture with garlic, onion, parsley, and a Mediterranean spice mixture. We serve it with tzatziki and it goes so well!

Weather is turning from t-shirt weather (haha...after a long winter, our current 32F starts to feel pretty warm for us) and going down to -22F later this week so thought i would get one more grill in before the colder weather hits in a couple days.

I love these skewers and cooking on the Bro-n-sear setup! A quick sear over the coals and then over to the "cool" side to come up to temp. My preferred method for the majority of cooks these days when not smoking something...

1676944938528.png

Love this! Did you grind yourself? If so, what was your mix?

No, just regular ground beef, regular ground lamb (50/50), with finely chopped garlic, onion, fresh parsley, and a spice mix...super easy. I don't have a grinder...been looking at picking one up to make my own sausage...but just never seem to get around to it.

Grant, I would love to see a picture of your granddaughter, maybe eating her "poop stick"?

Nice cook. What kind of skewers are you using?

I believe they are a "Broil King" brand (sorry Weber)....I used to have a Keg, so ended up with few Broil King accessories...

I think they are these ones: https://broilkingbbq.com/accessories/dual-prong-skewers/ I've had them for like 10+ years...they do work great. Easy to insert, easy to clean (dishwasher), and hold well in the food.

Grant, I would love to see a picture of your granddaughter, maybe eating her "poop stick"?

Sorry, no such picture exists at the moment...but here she is multi-tasking (eating and artistry...). An older pic from her vegetarian phase! For a while, she ate nothing but berries and bell peppers. Then she had a tomato phase, and now she and her sister are total carnivores.

1677031255478.png

Last edited:

Back