Pollo Asado because everyone likes tacos

Brett, thought you were a recipe friend!!

Yesterday I worked on my Mexican and tortillas binders. Boy, did I find a lot of good stuff for DH (he likes Mexican food more than I do.)

Brett, thought you were a recipe friend!!

Yesterday I worked on my Mexican and tortillas binders. Boy, did I find a lot of good stuff for DH (he likes Mexican food more than I do.)
I believe I posted this recipe already. I’ll search for my link and reshare it again. It’s ridiculously simple.

Great as always
Hope you had leftovers for taco Tuesday
I made a huge cook of this last night as the fam loves this as leftovers. This cook was 12 boneless skinless thighs and 4 breasts which were butterflied pre cook, so 8 thinned breast pieces. And the pico was also a double recipe, starting with 9 chopped Roma tomatoes. Leftovers should last 2-3 days max. A few burritos and tacos and it’ll be gone.

That all looks great. The pica de gallo is just beautiful!
thank you. very easy to make: chopped, not just diced, ripe romas lightly salted and add juice of two whole limes (this is for 9 romas), minced white onion, around 2/3 of a medium one, three minced jalapenos, a large bunch (to your liking) of chopped cilantro, and i added 9 chili de arbols that i turned to dust in the spice grinder as the jalapenos had near zero heat for my liking. toss and mix well and let rest for the flavors to marry for at least 30 mins. serve room temp or cold, and enjoy. goes well with beer or margs.

@Brett-EDH thanks for the incentive! I used your recipe tonight, the flavors on the chicken were incredible! Fresh pico, avocado, shredded cheese with some refried beans on the side. And some Tequila!
View attachment 47856View attachment 47857View attachment 47858View attachment 47859View attachment 47860View attachment 47861
Hell yeah, @DuaneMac! You made my day today! Glad you liked it and your cook looks perfect! So happy you enjoy the flavors of California Mexican cuisine. That's some healthy good eating there.

if i may ask, which tequila did you enjoy? tequila is a rabbit hole for me. we have gone to MX just to restock the home bar.

It was 1800 Reposada, a simple margarita with TripleSec and fresh lime juice. My passion is Single Malts. Scotland is a bit far to restock the bar!

Back