Po Mans Surf n Turf

Gene Brownson

TVWBB All-Star
Not many pics here. I took a couple but they didn't turn out so good, definitely operator error, maybe one to many libations ;)
I bought a new beer that I've seen one or two enjoying here and I also bought some fire wire skewers, added a few more toys to play with.
We've been wanting to do these for awhile and realized we needed to have a mussgo night. We had some pre made meatball and some scrimps that needed to be processed and we were happily to oblige :rolleyes:. So, we did some moinks (first time and some pineapple/scrimp skewers.

Moinks were seasoned with a new favorite rub we found, made by a local competition BBQer 5-O BBQ's Outlaw rub. They are wrapped in bacon and more of the rub applied. I took wooden skewers and cut into lenghts. I feel like they are a little more sturdy and won't disappear in the ball :eek:

They were then coated in some SBR's sweet n spicy and let cooked until good and sticky.

Here's where I lost it. I coulda swore I took more pics but, the ones of the skewers on the grill were all skewered up...hhmmmm:p

The scimps and prickely apple were also seasoned with the rub and sauced....like the cook. Love this beer, had 2 while listening to the O's game and one for supper.

Thanks for looking, we really like the skewers and will be using these here more often. Take care!
Gene

Those wire skewers are da bomb, so easy to use and handle. Nice cook man, and the beer looks great!

Just checked and saw that the O's won, what a night Gene!

Fine food, fine beer!
You deserve it all my friend!

Thanks everyone! We were off today, we had tics to the O's vs Angels. Can't win em all :) Thanks for looking and your nice comments, you all rock!!.....and roll :)

I can not judge the quality of beer;).
But food quality is definitely there. And this i know with absolute certainty, Gene!

That beer might have taken your picture taking ability after a few but your cooking quality is still there, Very nice looking cook Gene!!

I probably would not have thought of shrimp and pineapple together on the firewires on my own.
They look too good not to try them.

Back