Please

Drew Get

I'm using a 22.5 WSM

This is only my second attempt at a brisket I hear 205 degrees IT is the target number for a tender brisket. Yet, I yanked the first brisky out of the smoker 185 degrees because I had hungry angry people waiting.

Now, I need to server 2 briskets by noon tomorrow. So I bought two USDA choice 5 pound flats.

My question is, how will smoking 2 briskets at once affect my cook times? When should I start to have it ready by noon tomorrow?
What's more....

Help please

I don't believe you will find much difference at all. You can always start earlier than normal and hold them warm until service. That way you'd be sure to get to the temps you want without being pressured. They'll hold a LONG time wrapped in foil and a towel placed in a portable ice chest.

I don't believe you will find much difference at all. You can always start earlier than normal and hold them warm until service. That way you'd be sure to get to the temps you want without being pressured. They'll hold a LONG time wrapped in foil and a towel placed in a portable ice chest.

Dwain is dead on right! Listen to the man and good luck! :)

Drew listen to Dwain, and I would add this, don't pull based on IT, pull only when the skewer goes through real nice. And do not put in wrap and into ice chest until the temp drops down to 170 or so as you do not want it cooking during the hold.
Good luck

That is the only way I know of to enjoy BBQ with friends. You can't invite people over and say we'll eat when it's done. Therefore, you have to cook it to finish early and hold it or cook it a lot sooner and re-heat it. The other benefit of holding the meat is that once the cooking is done, I get cleaned up and can spend better quality time with friends before eating. Sure, you're still prepping other parts of the dinner, but you're not working over the smoker.

That is the only way I know of to enjoy BBQ with friends. You can't invite people over and say we'll eat when it's done. Therefore, you have to cook it to finish early and hold it or cook it a lot sooner and re-heat it. The other benefit of holding the meat is that once the cooking is done, I get cleaned up and can spend better quality time with friends before eating. Sure, you're still prepping other parts of the dinner, but you're not working over the smoker.

You can. Just depends on how understanding those friends are and how much you have to drink on hand. :cool:

I'm using a 22.5 WSM

This is only my second attempt at a brisket I hear 205 degrees IT is the target number for a tender brisket. Yet, I yanked the first brisky out of the smoker 185 degrees because I had hungry angry people waiting.

Now, I need to server 2 briskets by noon tomorrow. So I bought two USDA choice 5 pound flats.

My question is, how will smoking 2 briskets at once affect my cook times? When should I start to have it ready by noon tomorrow?
What's more....

Help please
The real question is how will the smoker take 10 lbs of meat. A Weber 22.5 shouldn't have any problem with it. They length of time it takes will be more a function of what temperature you cook at. My guess is that if you run at at 250 degrees your meat will be ready by lunch assuming you start around sun rise. This should allow some time for meat rest after it comes off the smoker.

Back