Playing catch up

Stuart S

TVWBB Pro
It's literally been a month since I've posted, real busy around the homestead. Fish tank is done, now we ripped apart the old deck and pulled out the cedar hedges to make way for a bigger deck and a fence to make the yard way more private.

I did managed to do a few cooks though :)

Part 1:
A few weeks ago I split some yard birds open and seasoned them with Weber Citrus Chicken rub.
20140606_173027.jpg

Cooked them on the WSM with no water pan at 350 for about 1.5 hours.
20140606_190940.jpg

Honest to Betsy, this was hands down THE best chicken any of us had ever had. I'll only cook them like this from now on.

Part 2:
On Monday we got together with a friend from Mississippi who just retired from the US Army with 20 years of service. I grew up with his wife and they are in Ottawa for a few weeks so we got together for some BBQ. Grabbed a massive full pork loin from Costco to serve 18 people (for $24!!) and rubbed it with my dry rub.
20140613_152633.jpg

Got a good hot fire going and cooked it indirect for about 2 hours, then wrapped in foil and put into a cooler for transport.
20140613_162157.jpg

Part 3:
We ripped the yard apart earlier this week so I had to put all my cookers in the garage. I never realized what a good collection I had going.
20140617_172753.jpg

It was raining and we wanted some cheddar brats for dinner so I took the smokey joe out to the front porch and fired her up.
20140617_185810.jpg

Served them up with some pickled red onions and some salads for sides.
20140617_191120.jpg

Didn't do any cooking yesterday because I answered an add on kijiji for a "used once 22" WSM. Turns out the guy bought it, cooked on it once and took second place in a local competition. The prize was a Napoleon smoker, which he prefers because it stacks. He's downsizing houses so I picked this one up pretty cheap for and AT code that looks brand new inside :)
20140617_175841.jpg

congrats on the 22 score great cooks and hope the back yard turns out the way you want it, I guess you would like a covered area to cook in bad weather.

Great cook with the chix Stewart. I know how busy life can be. Fish tank?? Post some pics if you can. Use to be big into salt tanks many moons ago.
Scott

Great cook with the chix Stewart. I know how busy life can be. Fish tank?? Post some pics if you can. Use to be big into salt tanks many moons ago.
Scott

I'm working on a build thread for another forum that I'll post here for those who are interested, but in the meantime here's a quick peek...

Cabinet:
Stand2.jpg

Tank:
StartingtoStock.jpg

Great cooks Stuart. Next time your your working on the yard give me a call I love watching other people work.

Back