Plate ribs on the jambo.

GaryP

TVWBB Pro
My wife and I took a vacation last week for our anniversary. I had some grand bbq plans(burnt bean being at the top) but a little cold and Texas shuts down. We went from down on the coast up to Waco and had a great time. But no BBQ was had by the fat man.

Anyhoo, after coming home, decided to splurge on some plate ribs and cook them today. After all, if homebrew has taught me anything it's that no one can out cook or out brew a hobbiest if you put the time and effort in.

So, pecan wood, plate ribs from HEB and eight hours later....perfection. The wife and I split one and that was enough. Super rich, but fantastic. Mustard and pickle juice schmeer, salt, season salt, pepper and garlic rub. On this day, today, for this cook, nobody could have done better. A cab franc from Toscana and I'm in bbq heaven. Cheers y'all. IMG_20220206_110615.jpgIMG_20220206_183536.jpgIMG_20220206_195326.jpg

Damn, fine, Gary! That rack of ribs looks a little lonely on the Jambo, but you nailed it. Getting that cooker figured out!

R

Happy belated anniversary. The smoke ring was over the top. My BIL lives in TX, he said it was dang cold this past weekend

Great cook and happy anniversary. Never done beef bones but Barb picked up some at her store. When it warms up, I'll have to give them a try.

Back