Pizza on the Kettle

Dwain Pannell

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I had to have a excuse to use the charcoal baskets I got today so I went with one of my fav ways to cook pizza. I used a little bit of oak for the smoke flavor.

I like to use the cast iron to get the crust crisp
IMG_1221_zps2adf9742.jpg

IMG_1223_zpsb58240ad.jpg

IMG_1222_zps509c9db3.jpg

Topped with a little crushed red pepper and some Kosker salt and dinner is served.
IMG_1224_zps0192077c.jpg

Last edited:
Dwain,

Great looking pizza! Your must have a really well seasoned CI skillet to get the pizza out in one piece. Or do you have some other little secret? :)

Though the CI is well seasoned, the only secret I can offer is to start with a cold skillet and let it heat up at the same time as the pizza using indirect heat. I turn it 90* a few min into the cook in an effor to make a evenly cooked crust. To cook a second pizza I use a second pan while the first pan is cooling for a third pizza, etc, etc.

Great looking pizza! I want to try to make a pizza on my kettle now! What did you use for the crust? Homemade or did you buy it? Thanks for your help!!

I would eat that whole thing! Now that I am in to CI, I have to give your pizza Method a try instead of the traditional stone....

Back