Piri piri chicken

Bob Sample

TVWBB Diamond Member
Been making the same old same old for a few weeks so decided to try something different. Went searching in through the recipes I have tagged as favourites and decided to do Stefan B's recipe from this thread.

Got my fixins together

100_2704.jpg

and mixed em all up till they looked like this.

100_2705.jpg

See that lemon sitting there? Yup I forgot to add that so I squeezed it in and stirred er up some more.

Spatchcocked a roaster

100_2707.jpg

and smeared it all up with the piri piri goo making sure to get plenty up there under the skin.

100_2711.jpg
100_2713.jpg

Left er for 8hrs or so in the fridge and then fired up the kettle indirect to get er done.

100_2715.jpg

Little while later.

100_2718.jpg

First fresh corn of the season. Charcoal was running low so I decided to cook it em on my Hotdog Cooker.

100_2721.jpg

Chickens done

100_2722.jpg

and my obligatory ugly plated pic.

100_2723.jpg

Next day I fired up the kettle to make a quick Grilled Tomatillo Salsa for the wife since she was having one of her lady friends over while us husbands headed out to a buddies stag. Well the kettle decided it was time to give it's self a good cleaning.

100_2724.jpg

After about 20 minutes the fire settled done so I grilled the tomatillos till they were nice and soft.

100_2728.jpg

Sorry no finished pic of the grilled tomatillos but the salsa looked like this and is absolutely fantastic tasting.

100_2730.jpg

I didn't add the water that they have in the recipe and the salsa was nice and thick. We use it on nachos, fajitas, wraps and just about anywhere else you can think of.

Well as usual thanks for putting up with my ramblings and unprofessional photography.

Have a Good One.

What Jim said.

I just saw Raichlan doing this a couple weeks ago on his show and have been wanting to try it ever since. Thanks for the additional motivation.

Yum looks great Bob! Must be something about that salsa! That's two posts today! Might have to give that a shot really soon!

Back