Pig Wrapped in Pig

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Boneless Pig Chops Wrapped In Smoked Pig Belly Slices Then Seasoned With Pig Salt SW BBQ Rub

IMG_5932.JPG

Trekked Out To The Pigvilion On A Wet & Cold Wednesday Night

IMG_5935.JPG

IMG_5938.JPG

Got The Pig On The CIGs On A 22"OneTouchGold Weber... A Little Apple Wood For Flavour

IMG_5944.JPG

While Those Simmered, Checked On The Brussels Sprouts In The Oven (Lightly Seasoned W/ Granulated Onion & Garlic)

IMG_5943.JPG

Back To The Pig

IMG_5947.JPG

I Set Them High Above The Hot Kingsford Half & Half (Indirect & Direct, To Keep The Bacon From Curling Too Much)

IMG_5950.JPG

These Were Pretty Small Pig Chops And It Did Not Take Long To Come To A Nice 140ºF Temp...

IMG_5954.JPG

They Were Then Served With The Same Brussels & A Baked Sweet Potato

IMG_5957.JPG

IMG_5962.JPG

Moist & Quite Tasty Thank You!

And Thanks For Stoppin' By!
Hope Your Evening Is ¸,ø¤º°`MELLOW`°​º¤ø,¸

Beautiful his and hers pig in pig chops Jim!
And man alive, those sprouts, those sprouts..........sure are green!:p

Outstanding pork on pork!!! Did you smoke the pork belly yourself and if so how long did you smoke it?

Looks great Jim! I bet that pigvilion sign will look better each year,due to weather abuse. Do me a favour and never clean that thing! This reminds me that i should have a bag of sprouts somewere in the freezer. Have a great weekend Jim/Liz!

Thanks guys, they were better than I expected :)

Did you smoke the pork belly yourself and if so how long did you smoke it?
I did John, it was from an August belly smoke and I don't remember how long it took... I usually smoke about 3 to 4 pounds at a time and the average to achieve the internal temp of 140ºF is about 5 hours... however, the last smoke of bacon I did took 9 hours (still in the freezer waiting to be sliced, planning on doing that this weekend)

Jim now that's my kind of plate! Did the bacon crisp up to a liking for you? I like it crispy but sometimes have trouble getting that on the kettle. Nice!

Did the bacon crisp up to a liking for you? I like it crispy but sometimes have trouble getting that on the kettle. Nice!
not really crisp Gene, but good enough... like you say, on the kettle, it's tough to do without burning the hell out of everything else and on open flame, it's drippin' it's juice and... well.... it's not an easy task:rolleyes:

Those Brussels sprouts look amazing, I tried to cook them on the grill a month ago and ruined them. How long do you cook them? Great looking plate.

thanks Adam:)
These Brussels were done in the oven at 350ºF for about 45 minutes...
doing them on the grill, you'd like to go indirect or elevated from the heat and toss 'em a bit quite frequently...

Back