Picked up my first resto. 2004 summit silver b

I think I was just hesitant of rusting the thing out with water

That really wouldn't be an issue unless you did it in the freezing winter. Occasionally getting wet is ok. Biggest concern with using a power washer would be knocking something loose due to the high pressure. Specifically, things like ignitor wires, or destroying the gas collection / spark boxes. Or anything else that might be more delicate. On something like a Genesis B/C or the like, there's nothing really to worry about.

Update, the cookbox bolts came out like butter. Too busy to be spending a lot of time on this project. Little at a time I guess. For those that have tried to get seized bolts out of the cookbox. I used an impact drill. Came out with ease. No issues.

It wasn't the impact driver it was pure luck. Or perhaps someone had them out before and put never seize on the threads like I do.

Ok can anyone chime in on the grade of ss on the summit silver b flavorizer bars? Magnet didn't stick to it which assumes 300 series. However, couldn't get a definitive answer from weber. They couldn't tell me because of "competitors". Sounds fishy to me as if they used a cheap grade. Part is the 9896 bars. Expensive as hell to replace from weber. If I could weld I'd make my own

If yours are not bad than why worry about it? RCPlanebuyer on fleabay makes some very nice ones BTW from 304 SS

Back