Picked me up a (Ron) Burgundy ;)

So where do you get this stuff? I'd be very interested to get some of the dawn power dissolver? I searched but found many results. I'd love to get a bottle or two.
Thanks!

Rich,
I buy it by the case of 6 from Staples.

Staples always has coupons for $15/$20/$25 off an order so I bundle the Dawn with some Printer Ink to get to the required dollar amount.

If you would like to try a bottle and are an older ebay customer right now they have a promotion going on where is you spend $25 or more you use coupon code HAPPY25
You'll get $25 off your order so it's basically free.

Jeff

I've been with ebay forever i didn't get that coupon I never seemto get those promo coupons. Drives me nuts!

Reading reviews, the white bottle is not the same as the old blue bottle. You have good luck with it still?
Thanks for the tip I have 3-4 cook boxes and lids to clean. I would like to minimize the amount of grinding and scraping I have to do.

Last edited:
I have both the newer larger white bottle as well as a stash of the older smaller blue bottles. I see no difference in their cleaning power between the two.

Some have stated they have great luck with Oven Cleaner and I have used that in the past as well, I had better luck with the Yellow Easy Off than the Blue Easy Off. Nothing gets the Cook Box's grinding level clean but the Dawn as well as the Easy Off lowers the amount spend grinding substantially.
Jeff

Last edited:
Spent some time on the Burgundy this week. Painted the z-bars, cook box, manifold, frame, and end caps. Replaced a couple of the warped slats and assembled it all with stainless truss screws.
Didn't grab many pictures along the way though, sorry20200907_133602.jpg
Rockwell Beer Holder :) What can't it do?
20200907_134413.jpg
Swingset paint booth20200907_142536(1).jpg20200906_162556(1).jpg
Jeff

Last edited:
J,
I had someone I know hit this with a media blaster inside and out. I actual had him do me 3 sets of end caps.
A light sand with my Bosch Palm Sander and it was off to the Swingset...err paint booth.

Jeff

Love the color. I will be interested to see how that gloss fire box holds up.

Back