Pesky cat

Brad Olson

TVWBB Diamond Member
For some reason the cat from just up the road has started hanging around our house. We generally ignore it and we think it goes home from time to time, but we may have to get our CCL-certified friend involved to see if we can come up with a more permanent solution. She enjoys this kind of problem and, frankly, is good at it.

Last edited:
I’m not a cat person, but having one around controls rodents and other pests.
True, but:
"A 2013 study estimated free-ranging domestic cats kill between 1.3 and 4 billion birds – on top of between 6.2 and 22.3 billion mammals – every year in the United States alone, the majority by feral or unowned cats."
Wild bird numbers are declining for more reasons than just cat kills.

I’m not a cat person, but having one around controls rodents and other pests. Just don’t start feeding it.
True, but:
"A 2013 study estimated free-ranging domestic cats kill between 1.3 and 4 billion birds – on top of between 6.2 and 22.3 billion mammals – every year in the United States alone, the majority by feral or unowned cats."
Ok, fine. Do what you have to do.

When we lived out in the sticks, it was good having a bunch of outdoor cats around to keep the small rodent population in check. We fed them just enough to keep them around. Kittens were abundant every spring, but the coyotes kept the population down. Now that we're in town, I'm finding out how useless housecats are. My wife has one that's destroyed all of our upholstered furniture. She keeps telling me she wants to replace the torn up stuff, but I tell her not until you get rid of the cat. Kind of getting used to having the wife around after 35+ years, or I'd shoot the damn cat.

I have to admit that I'm a cat lover, with one exception. Tom cats! Let just one of them mark his territory inside your car and you will love to hate them too.

Yeah, we have four cats but don’t let them roam. They kill too many animals or get killed or injured by larger animals or cars. As a compromise we put harnesses on them and a 30 ft string. We have done this since they were kittens and they seem content with this. This is the 14 year old lounging on the deck seat. 55BE2CD4-7CD7-45AE-A410-46CA472A4781.jpeg

I have to admit that I'm a cat lover, with one exception. Tom cats! Let just one of them mark his territory inside your car and you will love to hate them too.
When my kids were younger, and still at home, we came home from a weekend trip. As the garage door opened my son noticed a cat dart out of the garage. Well we thought the worst of the mess was a 'present' they left at the door to the house. Later I discovered the sucker had gotten into my truck through the window I had left opened and sprayed the inside. Never fully got the smell out. :mad:

True, but:
Nice kitty...A lot less birds to **** all over my stuff!

Back