Performer Question

BenGatchell

TVWBB Member
Hello, I have never owned a Performer. Is the unit on the front right a gas assist hookup? I am thinking of purchasing but all I have to go off of is the picture, thanks!

00202_cZFgPhS9xBV_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Hello, I have never owned a Performer. Is the unit on the front right a gas assist hookup? I am thinking of purchasing but all I have to go off of is the picture, thanks!

View attachment 13894
Pictured below is my Weber Perfomer Deluxe which has the gas Assist that I bought new last January. On the plastic housing on the right-side of the grill is where you insert the Weber Digital Calculator and written are some brief warnings regarding the Gas Assist. The plastic housing pictured in your photo appears to be around the same shape as mine, however, can't read what's on the plastic cover. However, even without the gas assist it looks in great shape and depending on the price I would buy-it-in-a-minute.

Attachments

• IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    230.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Appears to be a gas-assist model (except that I don't see the propane bottle that hangs under the controls). I have one and it's terrific. Make sure you get the charcoal baskets -- a necessity for indirect cooking. I also use it to light charcoal chimneys for my WSM. The most versatile cooker that Weber makes.

Jeff

The gas assist Performer is a wonderful grill. Once when leaving for vacation the dog sitter saw the grill and asked if she could use it, I said sure. When we got back she said everything went great but that the grill would just not cook steaks very well, She said she had never seen a gas grill with only one small burner. I forgot that not everyone has seen one of the gas assist charcoal grills.

That is for sure a gas assist model. The non-gas models don't have a flip up plastic thing on the right side like that one does.

If you go to buy this one, inspect the table....those plastic tables break pretty easily if the previous owners moved the grill around a lot by picking up the grill by the table top. If it's cracked, you can buy a new one from Weber for $99 that is nice and metal. If you call you might get them to sell you one for a discount around $75

That is the same model I have. You can get the small tanks anywhere that has any camping equipment they are the same as used for propane lanterns and usually come in a two pack. Wal Mart carries them if that's convenient.
It screws in under the grill right below the flip up cover. They can be a pain to get on, make sure you push up to get the treads to grab.
Once you get the hang of it you will love the ease that the gas assist will provide.

Mine is a 2011 model with the plastic table top, no cracks or issues with it, are you sure you didn't rob them at gun point? lol great price. you wont run into another deal like that in a long time.

What a deal that was I thought when I got mine for 85 bucks a few years ago I stole it 40 bucks is unreal. As Rich said I buy my tanks at Walmart as I have one close by.

Back