Performer Maiden Voyage

Brian Greenbush

Finally got a break from the cold temps here in MN, and thought it was the perfect time to do my first cook on our new Performer.

Pretty simple lunch for me and my 10 year old son (the cheeseburger fanatic).

Nice weather:

image by brian.greenbush, on Flickr

Using KBB and getting the coals going with the gas assist (really like this feature!):

Burgers seared direct and then finished indirect with the all-important cheese finish:

And here's your plated pic:

My son said they rated a "10 out of 10"! :)

Thanks for looking, and keep on Q'ing!

Great job on the first run. Mine will be coming in the next day or 2 as well. Ran a bare run to "clean" it out. Love the gas assist feature too!

Great cook! You will love the Performer Gas Assist. That was my 1st Weber this past summer...about a month later a WSM 22 1/2. Welcome to the addiction.

I remember my first run on my new performer. Went just about the same way! It's so versatile! Let your love affair begin! Lol. @Roger S, all OSU/Mich hoopla aside... I started off exactly like you did. Performer, then a month or so later came Big Bertha! O-H! :D

A good burger is hard to beat, unless your doing it on a squeaky new grill.
Soon your going to be wondering why you have an oven.

Bravo.... Bravo.... She is a beauty Brian.... Oh and by the way I am starting to see alot of Minnesota smoker on here.... You know what that means!

I love my performer with the gas igniter it's what got me back into charcoal, so easy to use. Now my gasser is a wind break for the mini most of the time.

Nice new toy, Brian. Burgers look great.

I lived in Apple Valley for 4 years in the late 70s. Beautiful country. I miss it often...in the summer.

Welcome aboard...

Great job Brian, perfect burger and great use of the performer. I love my performer couldn't live without it.

Back