Performer competitor

Ed - Timing does seam suspect.

OPEC+ is cutting oil production by 2M barrels a day.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/05/oil...duction-cuts-in-a-bid-to-shore-up-prices.html
It's hard not to get political with something so political, but there are forces at work that are beyond our (the USA) control. Russia is a member of OPEC+, BTW.

The cost of gas and oil affects so many things...transportation, shipping, travel, home heating, products made with plastics, you name it. The price at the pump is the thing that is most visible, though, and the holiday season and winter are upon us. I'm on thin ice here, I think.

Just saw a review of this thing. Seems awful amazing especially at the price! https://www.walmart.com/ip/Auto-Kamado-Charcoal-Grill-in-Gray/682418908?athbdg=L1102 Check it out here. I may have to jump on one :D (don't tell my wife) LOL
That sure is a lot for not much money! I like that it has an incorporated controller, but Horsman doesn't say anything about an app for remote control. I'm not being nitpicky, but being able to keep an eye on a grill while I'm doing something else is a real advantage for me. A wireless thermometer would work, too, but it would be nicer if those functions were included with the controller. Even so, that is a great bargain...I hope you buy one!

Bigger than a “large” Big Green Egg and with electronic temperature control and only $224!!! It doesn’t have the snob appeal of a BGE, but it probably cooks just as well. Add a Smoke or similar internal temp monitor with Blue Tooth or WiFi and you would have something that churns out bbq about as effortlessly as a pellet grill.

The only thing that puts me off is the American Flag stickers. No way that could be Made in USA for that kind of money. Don't forget, that $224 price tag includes free shipping. Wow.

The flag is a Tom Horsman trademark. He puts one on all of his grills in his “Land of Grills!” It is certainly made in China. Must not have sold as well as Walmart hoped. They have been trying to pair down inventory, so this seems to be one example of that. It has to be a money loser at this point.

I got a used non-auto version with a cart for free a while back. It was like a performer. I was able to salvage the cart for my WSM, the hinge and handle the rest was so rusted it went to the metal recycler. Now I do not know how old it was or how it was kept but the whole bottom had rusted out. I suppose it is like anything else, take care of it and it will hopefully last.

Just saw a review of this thing. Seems awful amazing especially at the price! https://www.walmart.com/ip/Auto-Kamado-Charcoal-Grill-in-Gray/682418908?athbdg=L1102 Check it out here. I may have to jump on one :D (don't tell my wife) LOL
I was sorely tempted by this, if for no other reason that it was an unbelievable deal. That pricing is over now. Good thing for me as I don't need to explain any more grills coming to our household, and that one wasn't big enough for me to sleep in :LOL: !

Back