Performer competitor

My local Sams had pallets galore full of the Performer knock offs for
$129 on Labor Day weekend, in an attempt to blow them out and
make room for all the holiday goods. I didn't take the bait, but
I imagine plenty of other did.

I originally wanted to buy a good condition first gen performer and restore it, including buying a stainless steel grill grate and some other goodies.

I decided to “send it” and bought a WSC- it already had the stainless steel grates, so… saving money already, lol

Congratulations! Hope you enjoy your new purchase!

With the price of meat going up the way it is. You better not relax too much.
Everything...literally, everything...is going up. I remember the 70s and 80s. The lull between 1990 - 2020 was nice while it lasted. Get in, sit down, buckle up, 'cuz we're going for a ride. And that's as political as I'm going to get, and hope I can get away with it.

Last edited:
I plan on using this grill for at least the next 20 years, so I’m not in too much of a rush, if you know what I mean.
But meanwhile, back at the ranch...I am certain, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if you choose to keep it that long, it will serve you well and last a good long time. Again, congratulations!

Everything...literally, everything...is going up. I remember the 70s and 80s. The lull was nice while it lasted. Get in, sit down, buckle up, 'cuz we're going for a ride. And that's as political as I'm going to get, and hope I can get away with it.
Which is another reason I don't stand on brand anymore. Get all the bang for my $$$$ I can

This grill gets points for hinge, looks, and price. If I was a member I would not mind checking it out in person.
I did this past summer. Nearly came home with one for only $100! They had them marked down back when they had the pellet grill down to $199. But, I only came home with the pellet grill and so glad I did

Agree with Larry, I'm buckled in and hanging on. Gas here just went from $3.87 to $4.27 in one day. We bought a new 20 cf freezer from Home Depot three months ago for $795 on sale now it's on sale again for $1198. Been getting my oil changed at the same place for years $29 for the oil change and tire rotation, now it's $50.
Don't even get me started on food costs.

It could be worse- we could be living in Europe…or most everywhere else - generally speaking of course.

I buy things made in the peoples republic of (communist) China too, unavoidable really, but I have no illusions about what that costs me as a citizen of The United States of America…

I don't know about you guys, but they are saying the big bump for us a week ago was from a refinery problem in Ohio. Funny, because Minnesota gas was $3.33 and just across the border in Wisconsin, gas was $4.19. (the prices are usually within 10 to 15 cents different either way) Does that mean Minnesota doesn't get any of their gas from that refinery?

I read an article that gas prices are spiking up, but Costco gas has remained pretty constant and I haven’t seen a spike locally E96DBD8B-B11B-475B-A3D3-3408455CCF27.jpeg

I am in Florida right now, and gas is almost $1.00 a gallon LESS than in Indiana. Maybe the refinery issue @Bruce mentioned. That wouldn’t be another example of the “Bruce Effect” would it?!!!🤣🤣

Back