Pepper Stout Pork Wolgast Style

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
I was thinking about this after doing my Pepper Stout Stock Beef last weekend.
I happened to remember Daniel posting a pork version awhile back HERE. So, since I
prefer pork I used a small pork butt, but kept all the other ingredients the same.

4 ½ pound pork butt seasoned with Bone Suckin Sauce rub and ground black pepper,
instead of salt and pepper. Put onto the WSM with 4 chunks of peach wood.
WSM temp at 235.
DSC_7771.jpg

To go along with the PSP we are going to have smoked potato salad. Coated the red potatoes
with olive oil and seasoned with Seitanbacher German BBQ Spice Mix.
DSC_7775.jpg

About an hour into the cook I added the potatoes to the WSM.
DSC_7777.jpg

Potatoes off the smoker after 2 hours.
DSC_7784.jpg

Potatoes cut up and coated with Newmans’s Own Balsamic Vinaigrette then put into the
refrigerator to cool.
DSC_7785.jpg

Veggies cut up and waiting for the butt.
DSC_7791.jpg

Butt off the smoker at 165 internal and onto the veggies with 12 ounces of stout.
DSC_7796.jpg

Butt/veggie mix covered with foil and back onto the WSM. After about an hour and a half
I removed the water bowl and clay saucer from the smoker.

Butt is ready to shred.
DSC_7800.jpg

Butt shredded.
DSC_7804.jpg

Back onto the smoker to reduce the liquid.
DSC_7805.jpg

Potato salad was put together with some sauteed Vidalia onion, eggs and black olives.
DSC_7812.jpg

Liquid reduced and butt off the smoker.
DSC_7815.jpg

Plated on toasted onion bun with a large slice of pepper jack cheese and some homemade BBQ sauce.
DSC_7823.jpg

All I can say is WOW! The mixture of pork and peppers was mouthwatering good!
The potato salad was different, still delicious! Will do this one again!

Thanks for looking!

That is one awesome looking cook, Mike!

Great idea, great photos and great job.
icon_smile.gif

Please send a plate my way!

Great looking meal Mike! Would love that!! How was the rub? I just picked me some up to try the other day as well but haven't gotten around to it yet!

Originally posted by Morgan C.:
Great looking meal Mike! Would love that!! How was the rub? I just picked me some up to try the other day as well but haven't gotten around to it yet!

Morgan I really like the Bone Suckin Rub. I have used it on ribs and other pulled pork. Has a great flavor and taste.

Originally posted by Ed M.:
That is one awesome looking cook, Mike!

Great idea, great photos and great job.
icon_smile.gif

Please send a plate my way!

I just couldn't find any better words than Ed did!
Outstanding Mike!!

Well i can sort out good food when i se it! And this has nothing to do with me...You took it to the next level. A Must try! Cool!
icon_cool.gif

Thanks everyone for your kind comments!
icon_smile.gif
Kim there were just enough leftovers for a couple of sammies this week to take to work!

Brilliant cook Mike. I think you probably got the flavor that I was going for back when I made this cook. Looks like I need to try it again!

Back