Pecan-Crusted Pork Tenderloin Pinwheels with Carolina Mustard Sauce

Don Cash

TVWBB Gold Member
Got this one from Big Bob Gibson's BBQ Book. Really, really good. The recipe says to cook direct 7-8 minutes a side but I've always had to sear and then go indirect for 15 minutes or so to keep the pecans from burning. Here's a link to the recipe if you want it.

On direct for about a minute, then flipped and continued direct for another minute.

IMG_3404.jpg

Asparagus on direct until almost done then drizzled with the Carolina mustard sauce and cooked until done. Pinwheels finishing up.

IMG_3405.jpg

Off.

IMG_3406.jpg

Plated.

IMG_3407.jpg

Really, really good meal. I think that if the pecans were just around the edge it could go direct the whole time and be better...Next time.

Thanks for viewing!

That looks really good! Did you roll the bacon on the inside or outside of the pork?

Thanks for sharing.

You've had a great weekend with that Performer. Pat yourself on the back for another job well done. Looks great.

Those really really really look awesome!!!!

I've got to try that

Man-O-maN, That Donny Cash is On The Money each and every time he fires up that grill. He's the Real Performer!
icon_wink.gif

Looks Great Don!

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RDOwens:
Did you roll the bacon on the inside or outside of the pork? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We had the bacon on the inside, RD. There was some less than fully cooked peices...may par cook it next time.

nice. I saw that recipe in the book and mentally noted it as a must try. Thanks for the added encouragement.

I got that book last week and through it cover to cove in an hour or two, I think that was the recipe that jumped out at me as the most unique that I wanted to try. I was wondering about undercooked bacon inside the roll, sounds like that might be true.

I made these a few months ago. If your bacon is undercooked then the pork loin next to must be really uncooked. I used my thermapen and probed around the middle to make sure they were done.

The toughest thing I had with the recipe was cutting the loin evenly. If I do it again I'll try to par freeze the loin first.

Looking good!!! That's a good book to get, have that in the library for awhile.

Love this recipe - par freeze the tenderloin first then use the slicer. I picked up a Chef's Choice collapsible awhile back. I really like the original, but thinking of using a glaze this time one I figure out what will work well. Want to keep the pecan crust.

Back