Paul Prudhomme BBQ seasoning

PCMancini

TVWBB Member
Anyone use and have thoughts on Paul Prudhomme BBQ seasoning (aka Magic Barbecue Seasoning) as a rub for smoked meats? I really like his seafood magic but am interested in trying this.

Thanks,
Paul

Never tried it. Ingredients are Salt, spices, brown sugar, garlic, onion, paprika, and natural smoke flavor.

Gets good reviews on Amazon, except one guy who gave it one star. I think he may have posted on the wrong product:
I original orders 2 of these.
Sent one back immediately, because it would flash on and off every few seconds and be extremely hot.
After 40 days...10 days after return policy expired, the second one did the same exact thing!

Never used that one but I use his redfish magic and love it too. I'm sure the BBQ will be great too.

I original orders 2 of these.
Sent one back immediately, because it would flash on and off every few seconds and be extremely hot.
After 40 days...10 days after return policy expired, the second one did the same exact thing!
Seems legit. My rubs flash pretty regularly, don't yours?

Like others I have used his Seafood seasoning and his blackening seasoning. Both of them are outstanding. My guess would be most of his other seasonings are good as well.

For those of you that like the way Paul Prudhomme flavors his food, I have a recipe that he calls "The Best Da**ed Grilled Chicken I Ever Ate" from his book "Fiery Foods That I Love". Will be happy to post if anyone is interested.

Darn Russ, I don't have it either. Just the recipe that a player from my cooking game posted. "Fork in the Road" is the only one of his that I have. Almost all of the recipes in that one come with a Seasoning Mix recipe.

Last edited:
For those of you that like the way Paul Prudhomme flavors his food, I have a recipe that he calls "The Best Da**ed Grilled Chicken I Ever Ate" from his book "Fiery Foods That I Love". Will be happy to post if anyone is interested.
I've eaten at Prudhomme's restaurant twice and both were memorable experiences. I may have to get that book to see if I can recreate the magic.

Jeff

I would love to see it 👍

Scottie, sorry, just saw this. Thanks for asking. Look for it in the poultry thread tomorrow, ok?

Scottie, typed this last night and forgot to hit the post reply.

Back