Pappa Murphys on the Frankenstein

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
So bummed, I was hoping my 22" Jumbo Joe Premium would arrive tonight, planned to cook on it, but alas....No show :(

So I put ol' Frankenstein together, threw on some wood and....

9B8FA25F-C7D9-4291-86CB-38E3E467975E_zpssdzumrmu.jpg

9E298332-FED6-4FC5-8DB0-DA246544A1E5_zps9yaupz6k.jpg

39732EBB-6A3A-43E5-A43E-7B4B9C3E539B_zps7rykt2eh.jpg

5E70A52C-49A6-4E87-B304-50C961FE7C3F_zps8lygjnfy.jpg

Music by

78B8FCE8-200C-46B1-9551-4A5742863C34_zpsj8pmeshy.png

Short Video of the cook

[video]http://vid3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/chaz28o/8854E9B2-B4C1-44D4-BA6E-2D429900C1C7_zps46p8fbnp.mp4[/video]

Your right about that Chuck. My wife gets the dough from Trader Joe's and all fresh ingredients and the are very good. I am sure it would be better cooked on a Kettlepizza. Just not sure I want to spend that money. Maybe next year (2016). Of course, then I would have to do all the work. Not sure about that.

we'd better set you up with an UDS so you don't burn off that pretty porcelain! We did a papa murphy's yesterday too - I'd have traded mine for yours!

Great looking pie Chuck, due to my salt restricted diet Barb and I don't do store bought or take out pizza. We make our own and found them to be much better than the store bought or take out salt bombs and it's a lot of fun making different combinations.

Great looking pie Chuck, due to my salt restricted diet Barb and I don't do store bought or take out pizza. We make our own and found them to be much better than the store bought or take out salt bombs and it's a lot of fun making different combinations.
it is a lot of fun home made. My secret to good home made is to not put the toppings on until it's ready to go on or you suffer pizza stick. I also cook my dough on low in the oven for just a minute or two, that makes it more manageable to cook

Tonight it's all about fire roasted wings on the WSM:)

Happy New Year everyone

Chuck, the pizza looks great, but like Rich said due to the salt that store or take out pizzas have we cann't do them. I have a great recipe for thin crest pizza and it also freezes well. If you would like it let me know. Hope your New Years eve was great.

ChuckO
Just watched Young Frankenstein today and then i see your post LOL, nice cook on Frankenstein with the bought pizza and what a funny movie.

Maybe your 22" Jumbo Joe will have a new name...."Young Frankenstein" and your pizza names Abby Normal, Frau Blucher, SEDAGIVE ..Wait Master, it might be dangerous . . . you go, first.”

Happy New Year all.

Have you done one on a kettle yet? Was it easier to get the temps high enough on WSM?
only once in the kettle, I prefer the WSM because I like cooking pizza over fire instead of charcoal or lump

The problem has been the lid and that's why I'm hoping that the 22" jumbo Joe will work, the lid on it is much lower than the kettle. The WSM lid was no good, the bottom burned and the top never cooked

Back