Paella on the Performer

Pat G

TVWBB Emerald Member
Finally broke down and ordered a paella pan. Broke it in with a traditional paella.

Got some fancy ingredients.

Started with some Spanish chorizo.

Then some chicken thighs.

Next I sauteed some onions, added the spices and the grated tomato.

Added the chicken stock, rice, chicken and chorizo.

Finally added the seafood.

All ready to go.

This was some tasty stuff. I can't wait to try some other dishes with my new pan. Thanks for looking.:cool:

Outstanding cook Pat. That looks so delicious. I remember a couple of years ago there were a number of Paella cooks. Caught my eye then as does your post now. Nice job!

I remember a couple of years ago there were a number of Paella cooks. Caught my eye then as does your post now. Nice job!

Was just thinking its been a number of years since I've done paella. Time to change that!!

Great looking cook, Pat!

Wow that looks fabulous!!!! How long did it take to cook from the time you put the broth and rice in until finished?

Wow that looks fabulous!!!! How long did it take to cook from the time you put the broth and rice in until finished?

Probably 30 minutes, that includes me removing it from the grill and covering it for 10 minutes.

I've gotta try this - I almost bought a p pan the first time I read this.............I'm just not sure where to find all the ingredients. Maybe Cliff can mail me some of his Tasso :)

Where could I get the mussels - do I have to get them @ the meat counter or are they available in frozen bags next to the shrimp? Guess I can look when I go to the store. For my info: https://www.bonappetit.com/story/only-type-of-mussels-you-should-buy

There's a restaurant @ snowbird that has bottomless mussels and fries (served together in a soup bowl in a broth) on Sunday afternoons after 4, that's pretty much the only way I remember eating them.

Back