Paella In The New Pan! PLUS Naan!

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I got a new Lodge carbon steel skillet that just looks like it'll make a really scrumptious paella for Christmas,so I had to try it out! But first,Pammi wanted to make naan! Okay! She didn't want to mess with grilling it,so she tried a skillet. It just wasn't cooking the same,so the grill sergeant took over! In no time,I had them looking good!
9386DC93-9BA5-45CF-9FA8-31D41CD59C45_zps5qnjw748.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
It made just about a dozen,so plenty to go with paella!
After all the prep,I put the broth and the skillet on my Genesis. This is after the second addition of broth.
5925E1EC-C2A7-4C16-A8E3-CDA3CD0FF233_zpsn72s3afo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
And after the fourth helping of broth and the rest of the goodies!
C5F37EEF-C399-4B69-B8D0-AD3D32422C51_zps1lnku0ql.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I really love our best friends,but they can run a little late sometimes,so here's the finished pan after it stayed warm for about 20 minutes after it was done.
F67E86E9-28C3-4B81-BC5B-354FD2A07B39_zpspyyb0guz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
But I guess the extra time gave it time to crust up a little on the bottom that was so good it ought to be illegal! :D But we're glad it isn't! ;)
This was one of my better pans of paella. And the new pan ROCKED ! I shoulda bought one of these a long time ago! Thanks for looking!

Hmmmm. For some reason the link isn't working. But it is in the Poultry Recipe section of this fine forum! Look for Rita Y's entry. That's what I used.

Back