Oven fried chicken

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
So tried Vegeta seasoning. It was created in 1959. Here’s the history of it:

Made my oven fried legs tonight. Used Vegeta as the seasoning. I also added pepper. 1/4 flour, 1 tablespoon Vegeta, 20 cranks on the pepper mill. I’ll probably reduce the Vegeta a bit next time. It has a ton of sodium in it. This particular Vegeta is MSG free. Chicken was good a bit salty but not uneatable.

So for this cook you need to put a 1/4 cup Crisco in a 12” cast iron pan. Put in the oven and pre heat to 425. While that’s happening put flour and seasonings in a large bag add your chicken parts shake.

Once the pan and oven are preheated add the chicken to the skillet. Cook for 30 minutes. Flip and cook for 15 more minutes. Done

E9D6FA82-318B-4535-8EB5-A17201FA9C73.jpeg

18715CB3-E11A-420B-9771-B2AC100DFAC6.jpeg

1FFE6E50-0610-4C63-868E-7553ABBE3FA7.jpeg

Mmmm, fried chicken! Looks really good, Case! I measure pepper the same way as you do.....which, of course, means that I can't tell anyone how much pepper that really is. Guess that's where the "to taste" thing comes in! :)

.....you really should have cooked this in your new Q, though! ;)

R

Mmmm, fried chicken! Looks really good, Case! I measure pepper the same way as you do.....which, of course, means that I can't tell anyone how much pepper that really is. Guess that's where the "to taste" thing comes in! :)

.....you really should have cooked this in your new Q, though! ;)

R
Rich I was on the fence, almost used the new Q.

Back