Outstanding Rub

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got mine to try this week. I had to call because the we payment wouldn't go through. Bill (from the site) takes my info and says he will ship it out and please send him a check after I get it. Nice guy. And the same with the shipping-the box said 7+ and he charges $5. That 1 lb sample is nice too.

jeff

Glad you guys like the rub. I'm hooked on it too. And Bill at texasbbqrub.com is a great guy. The folks on the forum at that site are a great bunch altogether. We WSMer's take a bit of teasing over there, but there's enough of us there producing great Q and still getting our beauty sleep, so it don't bother me that much.

I did some baby backs late last night with Bill's original rub. Had ribs for breakfast /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Tasted like pig candy... man, that's good!

Tom, rub on peanuts droll runing down cheek. whats the formula. /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif Please share /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Thanks Bryan

I used the regular rub on my pork butts and the new #2 rub sample on my brisket, and boy everything was great. I really like their rubs.

I'm gonna give them both a try this week. Did you use the worstershire (sp?) sauce to bind, mustard, or something else ? Baste or mop with juice ?

Thanks.

Jeff

For the brisket, I just used the #2 rub and sprayed with apple juice later on (half way thru, then half way thru again, then half way again, etc.).

For the pork butt, I used the number 1 rub plus turbinado sugar, then later on made a sop sauce out of cider vinegar plus some of the number one rub plus some fresh ground pepper plus some apple juice. Mopped it same as the brisket: after 10 hours, after 5 hours, after 2.5 hours, etc. I also sprinkled the leftover sop over the meat after it's pulled, and used it to make the slaw for sammitches.

Jeff, i always use worcestershire sauce on my briskets. I normally soak them in it the night before, but followed their reciepe this time and it was fantastic. That #2 rub is awsome /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Bryan S.

Here's what I'm told will work. I still haven't had a chance to test it:

Use egg whites and combine with rub and toss with the peanuts. Put in the oven at about 350 for 25 minutes.

I think that might be too long, but experiment. Also I would use unsalted nuts to start with.

Let us know how it comes out...

Tom i'm thinking some raw peanuts, real butter,some #1 rub a little stint in the oven and some ice cold beer. I will experiment and let you know. Thanks for telling us about this awsome rub.I used to make my own rub, not no more. I'm hooked on this. Later Bryan

Has anyone in Canada ordered this rub? I sent in my order a little over 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting. I'm wondering if maybe it's held up at Customs? I believe they did send me a confirmation that it had shipped.

I have a few questions concerning the rubs. What are the differences between these rubs? sweet vs spicy vs spicy-sweet? Would any one of these be recommended for children and if so what age range? Any help is greatly appreciated. Just want to know before I order.

Roger, did a packer last week with the #2 rub. First taste is sweet then you get a little zing/spicy at the end. My kids ages 11 + 13 loved it. Doing another packer sat with #2 rub CAUSE THE GURU CAME TODAY.
icon_biggrin.gif
Did not use the #1 yet but i hear it's great on Butts & Chicken. Going to place another order tonight for more #2 (Briset blend rub) Later Bryan

Just talked to Bill at texas BBQ Rub and he sent me a great story on the #2 rub. Anybody that wants to order it you can do so by placing an order for the regular #1 rub and in the comments box just say you want the #2 rub (brisket Blend)
He said that they are in the process of building a new web-site just for the # 2 rub,and going into great detail about brisket, that's how big it has become.
icon_eek.gif
The web address will be are you ready for this <span class="ev_code_RED">brisket.com</span> but is not online yet
icon_frown.gif
Later Bryan
EDIT: I forgot to convey his thanks to the TVWBB
members for their great interrest in the #2 rub. Bill said he heard how much we liked it and thanks for the support.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bryan S:
Bill said he heard how much we liked it and thanks for the support. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Maybe he would be willing to offer a modest discount on orders from TVWBB members for a limited time? Sort of like the BBQ Guru deal?

Just an idea.
icon_smile.gif

Regards,
Chris

Chris, i will ask him if he will offer us something for supporting his product. Have you tried it? I'd be more than happy to send you a bag. It's really, really good.

I've not tried it, but as a policy I don't accept free product, as I feel it might affect my ability to discuss it honestly.

In reality, I don't buy rubs, I make them from scratch in small quanities as needed. A jar of rub usually turns solid as a rock in the time it takes me to go through it.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Regards,
Chris

Chris, i used to make my own rubs to, but heard so many great things about this rub that i just had to try. Don't know what is about it but i love it. It's the whole sweet then spicy thing. Kinda like dipping your potato chips or pretzels in ice cream thing. Bryan

Sent an e-mail to bill at texas bbq asking for a discount or free shipping deal. Thanks chris for the slap in the head. You need to do that to me once in a while
icon_rolleyes.gif
O K i lied you need to do that alot, and get the brain working . Will let all you fine folks know what the reply is Bryan

Bryan, I bet he comes through for us...I have corresponded with him a number of times via email and he has been nothing but nice and professional! Awaiting your answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back