Outstanding Rub

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found a great rub at www.texasbbqrub.com. I'm in no way associated with that site, but am just passing along a good tip.

They have 2 rubs, #1 and #2. #2 Rub is new and not being sold yet, however I did get a sample to try. It is specifically for Brisket. I'm told it works great on Chicken also. It will be for sale later this month or early next.

#1 Rub I have used several times, on butts and chuck roasts. Very good flavor, very good bark. Got a little bite, but not like the Mr. Brown. Not as much pepper.

They also have BBQ gloves there, gloves for meat handling. The gloves are only $10 and free shipping. Very nice.

Anyway, just thought I'd pass this along. Highly recommended!

Your right Tom the original rub is outstanding and can be used on anything, the new brisket blend kicks it up a notch and in my opinion it's great for chicken and of course brisket. Like Tom I'm not associated with the company just a satisfied coustomer.

Thanks for mentioning that Tom ~ I thought they were just adding it to the the orders. Got a pair of their gloves coming, too. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Tom

Since you ordered my South Carolina sauce, I'll order your Texas rub. Does sound good.

Paul

Recieved my rub today along with at least a pound of the #2 Brisket Rub and the gloves. Smells awsome, Tom ~ Thanks! These 25 - 40 mph winds and all the rain up here have just gotta stop! /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Oh, man! My rub and gloves arrived today, but I didn't ask for (nor did I receive) any of the #2 brisket rub. And I'm planning to do a brisket with the stuff, too.

Wah! Bummer.

/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Smells good tho. Like alot of....cumin?

I used the #2 Rub on Chicken last week and it was great!

Sunday at 5 PM I put a couple of butts on the WSM with the #2 Rub. Took them off yesterday morning at 8:00 AM.

That #2 Rub was fantastic on the butts. For people who posted in another thread about the Mr. Brown being too peppery, I think you'd like this rub on butts.

The other good thing about this rub is that you can put it on and put the meat in the smoker immediately. No waiting or wrapping.

I'm one that does like the Mr. Brown recipe, but the Texas BBQ Rub, both #1 and #2 are really great. Very versatile too.

Order the Texas Rub and gloves on the advice of this thread. Asked for a "sample" of the #2 rub--received a 2lb+ package!! It smells awesome. Can't wait till this weekend!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul G.:
Tom

Since you ordered my South Carolina sauce, I'll order your Texas rub. Does sound good.

Paul <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paul, have you tried it? Really good stuff!

Also, the BBQ Gloves are great! I have a pair of neoprene gloves purchased from HD and while they have the "grip", heat penetrates the gloves fairly quickly ~ Not so with the gloves from www.texasbbqrub.com. The sleeves are ample for using on the WSM and the feel is good...Free shipping, too.

I just recieved my rub and gloves, I also got about 1lb sample of rub #2. I will be tryin' it this weekend. Thanks for the tip. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gifJust placed my order for the rub and gloves. Also requested the #2 rub. Thanks for the info guys /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Giddy up, just put in my order for rub and gloves...also requested #2 rub in comments section! Thanks for the tip!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back