Orange Marmalade Sriracha Wings

Originally posted by Carl Anthony:
Thank Larry. I was going to follow these instructions to clean via website.
Cleaning your Cast Iron Grate

After cooking, scrape the whole grill with the Iron handle or favorite grill brush. Next time, fire up the grill to a high temperature, the oil and residue will burn away like in a self cleaning oven.
Always leave the vents of your grill open to allow air circulating. This prevents moisture from collecting, which can cause rust.

So I am waiting on next time i fire up the grill to see if this sugar will burn off like a self cleaning oven.. LOL!

Pretty much how I did mine. When I cooked the wings I did direct first with two of the grids out. Then I used a lifter and rotated the whole assembly to move them to indirect. After they were done I immediately took a flat blade to each side of the tines in the grates (again I only had to clean two). Then spun them over the heat for a bit then SS grill brush. Easy. Took them off the heat again and oiled as the temps dropped down. Any lite rust found before use is easy to clean up with a SS grill brush, then wipe with oil for pre heat. If I'm not using a sticky sauce like this it's easier. Just steel brush and wipe with oil on the cool down.

With the Eagles dissecting the Giants, there was time to get a batch of wings going. It's been drizzling all day, but the result brightened the day. That and the Eagles! I hope this is a precursor to tonight's other NY-Philly match up.
icon_wink.gif

Once again Larry, thank you. These things are awesome!

4065914622_6ff3943a55.jpg

Originally posted by S.M. Swanny:
Did these yesterday for the Florida/Georgia game. Used pineapple-apricot preserves. In the words of Joe Dirt; "Dang!"

smswanny

smswanny

Your pictures appear broken. :-( However, that's awesome that someone tried my combo of apricot and pineapple! It's one of my favorite renditions of this recipe. Now I just need to get a couple people to use the wild blueberry preserves. That one's going to shock some folks.

Lemme see if I can fix your pics.

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg

I bought the wrong stuff, thinking that it might be similar enough to use for the sauce. It's more of a thick salsa type sauce (& it's got turbo heat). Anyone know how much of this equates to 1/3 cup of sriracha?
41FS996JT0L._SL500_AA280_PIbundle-7,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

Originally posted by Joe InJersey:
I bought the wrong stuff, thinking that it might be similar enough to use for the sauce. It's more of a thick salsa type sauce (& it's got turbo heat). Anyone know how much of this equates to 1/3 cup of sriracha?
41FS996JT0L._SL500_AA280_PIbundle-7,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

It is basically Sriracha, except it's a bit chunkier. Use the same amount, you will not notice any difference at all.

Will do... Thanks, Larry. Was just a little nervous after tasting about a half teaspoon of the stuff straight out of the jar...(booo-yaaah!!!!)

Yeah that stuff will warm you up. Huy Fong makes good condiments. Their Sambal Oelek is a favourite of mine.

Originally posted by Joe InJersey:
Will do... Thanks, Larry. Was just a little nervous after tasting about a half teaspoon of the stuff straight out of the jar...(booo-yaaah!!!!)

ROFLMAO.......THAT reminds me of the time when I was young.....we were at a Chinese restaruant and my father (I miss him) bet my older sister $20 that she wouldn't eat a spoonful of Chinese mustard......well, she put it in her mouth, swallowed and it wasn't a pretty seen after that!!!
icon_eek.gif

Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joe InJersey:

ROFLMAO.......THAT reminds me of the time when I was young.....we were at a Chinese restaruant and my father (I miss him) bet my older sister $20 that she wouldn't eat a spoonful of Chinese mustard......well, she put it in her mouth, swallowed and it wasn't a pretty seen after that!!!
icon_eek.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

isn't it funny that it was the food that brought back the memories??? I love it.

Sambal oelek usually is much stronger than Sriracha in my experience. I've had both in my household since I was a kid. So be careful using the same amount, at least I would. I can cover my bowl with sriracha, literally a blanket of red over my food. Not the same with Sambal.

Originally posted by Joe Dang:
Sambal oelek usually is much stronger than Sriracha in my experience. I've had both in my household since I was a kid. So be careful using the same amount, at least I would. I can cover my bowl with sriracha, literally a blanket of red over my food. Not the same with Sambal.

I agree Joe, but he is using the Chili Garlic sauce which is the same as Sriracha, except it's coarse vs. smooth like the Sriracha , not the Sambal Oelek. which is just chiles and course.

S.M. Swanney-

What was the ratio of the pineapple and apricot preserves?

I tried the original recipe with the orange marmalade and wasn't crazy for the taste of the orange.

Originally posted by Hayden McCall:
Originally posted by S.M. Swanny:
Did these yesterday for the Florida/Georgia game. Used pineapple-apricot preserves. In the words of Joe Dirt; "Dang!"

I'll be doing up a few batches this weekend using blackberry preserves... Can't wait to try em! Found the blackberry at an old truck stop outside of New Braunfels here in TX... I'll have to post some pics!

Evan T.

I bought an 18oz jar of Pineapple/Apricot preserves at my local Super Wally World. In fact it was Wally World brand.

Them was some good, good, good wangs!

Back