Opinion on my FUSE method setup

Andrew Bazz

I am considering trying gout the fuse method but could not find any pictures of what it really looks like. This is the setup that I think is what it is supposed to look like.
Photo%20Jan%2001%2C%2010%2054%2053%20AM.jpg

Last edited:
Why? I thought this method was for grills. I don't understand why you would do this in a WSM. Just use the minion method and shut all the vents when you're done. If you have any charcoal left, use it on the next cook.

I thought it was an "option" for both? I wouldn't do it for a long smoke but just thought it was a good idea for a shorter cook. I have read about it on several forums/websites. I am very familiar with saving the leftover charcoal, do it all the time on my kettle.

Anything is an option, but for the WSM it isn't necessary. The fuse works great in a kettle, yes. The minion method works great in the WSM the fuse isn't required. Even the fuse could burn hotter and quicker without proper air control.

Hi Andrew,

I totally agree with JerryN.
If you do this in a grill, might want to use something other than cement blocks that will withstand the heat and not 'expand uncontrollably' ;)

Take it you will be at the HB comp August 9th & 10th... yup... a 2 day comp.

Wishing you a Happy New Year.

Bob

I imagine there are a bazillion ways to do about anything. Here's how I do the "C", snake, fuze, or whatever you wanna call it in the WSM for really low temps like I need for Jerky.

Hi Andrew

Right down the street (sort of...). First parking lot on the State side at the Beach Blvd entrance.

http://www.rpwbbq.com/

Last year was enjoyed by all - teams, judges, and public. One really fun event !!!

Bob

Back