Oops!

Rolf Jacobsen

TVWBB Emerald Member
Downloaded Weber’s New Real Grilling and the Jerk Beef Kabobs looked interesting. This consists of a marinade with ten ingredients not the least of which is habanero chile peppers, scallions, ginger and almost everything else you can think of. I bought a serious sirloin, cut it into very large chunks, (going for rare to medium rare here), and had at it. I doubled the marinade recipe and tripled the pepper amount. I then marinated them for a little over four hours.

To go with this I blanched some little reds, halved them, hit them with olive oil and a generous application of Penzey’s Galena Street. This is a great combination. Nancy decided to make some potato salad so I was cranked.

Prepped and ready to go…………
Beef%20001-L.jpg

These things smelled awesome. Folks walking their dog actually came over to ask what we were cooking.
Beef%20009-L.jpg

Now the “Oops” part. I forgot to take a photo plated. Duh! Bottom line is nine minutes gave me a little more than rare so I was happy. I posted this as I wanted you all to know this is a really decent recipe IF you like spicy. We will definitely be making these again…… and again. Thanks for looking.

Rolf, Ive been meaning to do some Ka-bobs for quite some time, and you just gave me a nice little shove.:)
Those look great! And I'll check out that recipe.

Tim

Looks great & Right up my alley! I was hoping the recipe was in the free ebook that was posted here,,,,guess I'll have to wait on this one

Back