Onlyfire 13 bar flavorizer sets in stainless steel, $14 at Amazon

Yes I understand Steve. I just got a little overly excited LOL. Looking for #9930 now or a cheap or free older Summit with a pair.
I know you get it, sorry for restating the obvious. I just don't want you to go crazy and buy a set when you should be able to find them cheap or free the way you've been picking up grills.

Has anyone
I know you get it, sorry for restating the obvious. I just don't want you to go crazy and buy a set when you should be able to find them cheap or free the way you've been picking up grills.
I appreciate your advice Steve! You are absolutely right.

Question has anyone used the QuliMetal 9mm 304 SS grates for a decent amount of time to know how they hold up compared to the summit #9930? The QuliMetal seem top knoch but I haven't used mine yet. $105 QuliMetal VS about $175 Summit #9930?

Don't know if it's an optical illusion but the bars on the summit 9930 look thicker. It's weird though cuz they have the same number of bars and it looks like the space in between bars is bigger on the 9930 which would make them smaller not bigger. Maybe I'll get both and compare. My third set of QuliMetal 9mm 304 SS should be here tomorrow.

Last edited:
Has anyone

I appreciate your advice Steve! You are absolutely right.

Question has anyone used the QuliMetal 9mm 304 SS grates for a decent amount of time to know how they hold up compared to the summit #9930? The QuliMetal seem top knoch but I haven't used mine yet. $105 QuliMetal VS about $175 Summit #9930?
The set of Summit grates that I got for free are from 1996 and don't have a middle crossbar like the Quilimetal ones do. I don't think anyone can put in that kind of product testing on those. I'm sure they are fine grates, but I want Weber quality on my grill. It's also part of the originality.

The set of Summit grates that I got for free are from 1996 and don't have a middle crossbar like the Quilimetal ones do. I don't think anyone can put in that kind of product testing on those. I'm sure they are fine grates, but I want Weber quality on my grill. It's also part of the originality.

I'm feeling the same way

I'm feeling the same way
That's one of the things I won't skimp on even if I have to pay for it, is the grates. I'm talking about my own grills now, I want real Weber grates. A big part of that of course is the way they look. You can just tell it's Weber. I'm also a big fan of the stamped stainless steel grates. I have those on my daily driver and I love them going on twenty years now.

That's one of the things I won't skimp on even if I have to pay for it, is the grates. I'm talking about my own grills now, I want real Weber grates. A big part of that of course is the way they look. You can just tell it's Weber. I'm also a big fan of the stamped stainless steel grates. I have those on my daily driver and I love them going on twenty years now.
I have some stamped stainless also. I should clean them up.
Screenshot_20240701_230348_craigslist.jpg
WEBER SUMMIT

This one is in your neck of the woods. You probably don't need the grates though. This seems like a motivated seller. Moving out. I bet he would take just about any offer.

View attachment 94825
WEBER SUMMIT

This one is in your neck of the woods. You probably don't need the grates though. This seems like a motivated seller. Moving out. I bet he would take just about any offer.
That grill is super beat up, even the grates might not come around. Plus it's in the city and I hate driving into the city unless it's for a Cubs or Bears game.

Most of the #9930 grates are over $200. Average price $100 for each of the two pieces and sometimes quite a bit more + shipping on 18 lb grates. The original post you put up was $159.99 each piece so $320 a pair. Wow

So I found one pair available for $150 + $20 shipping. That's a bargin compare to all the other prices out there. With one pair available I should jump on it before it's too late. With tax $185

Hey, if that's what you want to do then go ahead. I still think you could get some for free or cheap by watching the ads. I hope you're at least talking about brand new ones because there is something to be said for that.

Yeah I've got quite a bit of stuff coming now. I should be able to get to work and make some good stuff happen. I'll grab those other two when I get home and then I'll have five 1000s to make something happen with. I don't think I need to pick any more up unless I can find some juniors

Yeah I've got quite a bit of stuff coming now. I should be able to get to work and make some good stuff happen. I'll grab those other two when I get home and then I'll have five 1000s to make something happen with. I don't think I need to pick any more up unless I can find some juniors
You should definitely have enough stuff to put together some nice restorations. Start a thread on your resto and have some fun with it.

You should definitely have enough stuff to put together some nice restorations. Start a thread on your resto and have some fun with it.

I absolutely will and I appreciate your help with everything. Your knowledge and experience is priceless.

I'm probably going to be extra busy with work when I get home so my projects aren't going to go very fast and that's okay. No rush

I absolutely will and I appreciate your help with everything. Your knowledge and experience is priceless.

I'm probably going to be extra busy with work when I get home so my projects aren't going to go very fast and that's okay. No rush
Of course there's no rush. Everyone has a life and restoring these grills takes a lot of time to do it right. It took me a month to restore my last one so whatever.

View attachment 94825
WEBER SUMMIT

Close to where I grew up. Looking for clues to see if they are somebody I knew.
Decades and many miles ago

Back